4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2013 7:22 AM by Liz, Typekit Support RSS

Typekit

Trevor.Dennis CommunityMVP

It took me an hour or so of wondering why my CC Desktop App was still telling me that Typekit and File sync would be 'Coming soon' after getting the email from Adobe saying they are now available, and after I installed the new desktop tools.  I finally resorted to quitting the Desktop app and restarting it, and finally looked in the Options where there was an option to 'turn the new features on'.   It works perfectly.  The fonts are beautiful and there are lots of them, and it effectively works as an excellent font manager - something I'ce craved after for years.

Nice one Adobe

• 1. Re: Typekit
          Silkrooster CommunityMVP

Good to hear. I haven't tried them yet. Though I browsed a few times awhile back though. At the time, I felt it was lacking in the number of fonts most foundries create, but maybe once it has taken hold, and they are comforable with how they work and any security measures, I imagine, they will add the rest.

• 2. Re: Typekit
            Trevor.Dennis CommunityMVP

The font manager side is better than other proprietry font managers I have seen before,  I like that you can sort by weight, hight, and width as well as the usual serif, sans serif, script, mono, hand etc.  I love that it works in a browser window so you know how they will look on the web, and love that you can zoom way way in without pixelization.   Yes, there are not enough fonts yet, but hopefully it will evolve.

I was going to say I hadn't worked out how to add to your Favourites, but you juct click the heart icon. 

I see there is a purchased fonts tab, which is slightly concerning.  I haven't found any fonts with a price tag, but the tab must be there for a reason.

• 3. Re: Typekit
              Silkrooster CommunityMVP

I have a feeling that purchase tab, is to solve the question some have been asking about, when their account is closed, "What happens to all the site that were created using those fonts?"

My guess is that will be away for those users to keep fonts that they can not do away with for their design. As some of the default fonts could change the layout depending on their kerning, character widths, etc.

Another thought, is certain point sizes could be for  displays only and need to purchase larger sizes for print. Kind of like how shutterstock or Istock allows small images for display(within their restrictions though) and purchase print sizes.

At this point all we can do is guess though.

• 4. Re: Typekit
                Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Trevor.Dennis,

Thanks for the nice comments on the Typekit font browsing page!  In addition to the fonts in the library, you can purchase a web font license from one of the Typekit foundry partners and add it to your account:

http://help.typekit.com/customer/portal/articles/6783-bring-your-own-license-to-typekit

These additional fonts are then listed on your "Purchased" tab.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions!  Best,

-- liz