6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 4:21 AM by phlux22

Signatures not Valid

phlux22 Level 1

Need help urgent please.

Currently unable to use Exchange Panel at all. When launching it, it says it needs to update. I allow it to download the update then attempt to install (+- 15 Mb) but it just hangs. It says it needs to start the Extension manager, but it just hangs there doing nothing.

When launching the extension manager it says the signature is not valid. Even though it is a fresh install (no changes made) and then Adobe Exchange Panel was downloaded from the site not even 5 minutes ago.

System is a Clean Windows 7 x64. Installed is Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop Extension manager, Air and Exchange Panel. No AV and firewall disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, this is not an isolated problem. happening on All machines tested on. The applications were packaged through the Creative Cloud Suite today, so i assume it would be up to date?

Versions :     Air                           3.8.0.1430

Dreamweaver CC    6.0

Exchange Panel      1.0

Photoshop CC         14.0

Windows 7 SP1 x64

• 1. Re: Signatures not Valid
          lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi,

What happens if you download the panel from http://www.adobeexchange.com and install it directly through Extension Manager CC?

Kind regards,

Lea

• 2. Re: Signatures not Valid
            phlux22 Level 1

Same thing

I just tested now, if i go Tools - Preferences and disable BOTH "Show warning when installing unsigned ZXP extensions" and "Allow Extension Manager to connect to the Internet", it does then install and not give the signature error and installs. This done through the Extension Manager

The problem now comes with me having to deploy this via SCCM to 50 + users. This needs to be a silent install, with no user interaction required.

Thanks for the quick response.

• 3. Re: Signatures not Valid
              lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi,

The extension should not be unsigned but Extension Manager does require online access to complete license checks.

Kind regards,

Lea

• 4. Re: Signatures not Valid
                phlux22 Level 1

Is there no way to have it install the extension silently? Also, what url does it do the licensing check with? as it would then need to be added to the proxy exceptions.

The issue then seems to be that the Extension Manager is failing to connect to the licensing site, thus showing that the signature is not valid.

• 5. Re: Signatures not Valid
                  lesavage Adobe Employee

Hi,

I can confirm that you will require to be connected to the internet when completing an Adobe Exchange update however you should not need to interact with Extension Manager. In usual circumstances, the Adobe Exchange update will be downloaded and installed when running inside the application. Extension Manager is only required if the initially attempt at installing the update has failed.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Lea

• 6. Re: Signatures not Valid
                    phlux22 Level 1

Hi there, just an update, i have found a way to resolve the issue.

Issue was trying to install the CC version of Exchange Panel. When trying to install via the command line, it would give an error that the cert was invalid.

By chance i tried to install via the Extension manager as with CS5, but this failed. I then saw there was a ExManCmd.exe

Installing the ZXP extension for Exchange Panel has now resolved the issues faced. Exchange Panel now added to all applicable apps.

Command run from command line

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Extension Manager CC>ExManCmd.exe /install C:\AdobeExchange.zxp