3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 8:37 AM by Kevin-Monahan

Premier Pro CC Multicam ruins my edits throwing random footage into places it shouldn't

Tomoms

Hi guys, thanks in advance for reading/helping.

I've been editing on Premier for a while now, i've done hundreds of hours of multicam editing - but this is the first time i've encounterd this problem.

Yesterday I was editing a multicam shoot, 3 cameras with external audio. I edited it by syncing my cameras up in a sequence, nesting it and then enabling multicam editing on the nest. I proceeded to go through the entire thing cutting where approirpate. When I got to the end and watched it back within Premier pro it was fine. I sent the three final sequences to media encoder, and when I watched the renders there was no resembelance to my edit. This has just happened to me for the second time about 10 minutes ago, throwing away another 5 hours of my life.

Black patches everywhere and it kept showing a clip from the first minute of one of my cameras, randomly..

I am editing on a Mac Pro 2010, 32GB ram, 1GB graphics, samseung 840 pro SSD as my media disk.

Has anyone had any experiance with a problem like this? I need to get it fixed pronto as i'm already workong to a deadline. Here is what my timeline looks like:

Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 13.48.03.png

As you can see, i'm a fair way into the edit - yet it's decided to randomly show people entering the room, which happened right at the start, and to top it off - this shot wasn't even featured in my edit!!

Really desperate here so any help or suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Premier Pro CC Multicam ruins my edits throwing random footage into places it shouldn't
          Tomoms Level 1

I think it's fixed now, the reason this happened ( as far as i can tell ) is because I re-installed Premier onto my new SSD recently, and it seems like when you install you get an un-updated version of Premier. You have to manually update it after installing.

My views on this matter is that Adobe should be ashamed of themselves. Why on earth, with the utility that you now have in the way you distribute your software, would you not give paying customers the latest version of your software by default? Absolutely discraseful. The very least you could do is give users a prompt at the end of their installation saying "Go and update me now or i'm going to ruin your multicam edits"

• 2. Re: Premier Pro CC Multicam ruins my edits throwing random footage into places it shouldn't
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Why on earth, with the utility that you now have in the way you distribute your software, would you not give paying customers the latest version of your software by default?

Choice would be my guess.  Adobe makes it pretty clear that updates are always an option.

• 3. Re: Premier Pro CC Multicam ruins my edits throwing random footage into places it shouldn't
              Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Tomoms wrote:

I think it's fixed now, the reason this happened ( as far as i can tell ) is because I re-installed Premier onto my new SSD recently, and it seems like when you install you get an un-updated version of Premier. You have to manually update it after installing.

My views on this matter is that Adobe should be ashamed of themselves. Why on earth, with the utility that you now have in the way you distribute your software, would you not give paying customers the latest version of your software by default? Absolutely discraseful. The very least you could do is give users a prompt at the end of their installation saying "Go and update me now or i'm going to ruin your multicam edits"

Sorry for your trouble Tomoms. Whenever I install software, I always look for the update after installing as a general rule of thumb. It seems to happen with all software companies. However, if this really bothers you, feel free to file a feature request. Here is the form: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Thanks,
              Kevin