9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 3:54 PM by grampus45

why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?

grampus45 Level 1

ACR 8.2 has been out over a day, but neither my Creative Cloud updater nor my Photoshop CC update panel indicate its existence.  Shouldn't that happen automatically?  and, if so, when?

Do I have to download and update manually?

thanks,

grampus45

• 1. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't have Photoshop CC.  But I would suggest trying to go to help/updates in Photoshop and see if you can initiate the update process that way.  That's how I did it in CS6.

• 2. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
            grampus45 Level 1

I fear not, Jim.  When I go there it tells me everything is up-to-date.  Likewise in the CC desktop updater.

Has the CC version of 8.2 actually been released, or only the CS6 version?

This question is still open.

grampus45

• 3. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?

I don't know if you are following this forum through the regular forum interface.  But at the top it indicates that the update is available for both CS6 and CC, and that you should use the help/updates feature in the program, in both cases, to update.  So I don't know what the problem is in your case.

• 4. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
                grampus45 Level 1

Jim, I hope you read my reply.  When I go to the help/updaes feature, it tells me all my apps are up to date.  There is no listing that allows me to update ACR.  The current version is 8.1.

I wouldn't be asking the question if the update showed up in the update list.

Has anyone actually had an indication in PS/CC that ACR 8.2 is available.  I know it is for CS6, but not, so far, for CC.

• 5. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?

I did read your reply.  I was simply clarifying where I got my information.  Sorry to have wasted your time.

• 6. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
                    grampus45 Level 1

I'm sorry, Jim.  I misread the tenor of your reply, thinking you were asking what my problem was rather than the problem.  My bad. I do thank you for your reply.

I have been in touch with Adobe, and they indicate that ACR 8.2 has been released for LR and for the perpetual version of CS6, but it has not be released by the lab yet for either PS/CC or the CC version of CS6.  I'm hoping that is the case.  I certainly was able to update my CS6 version (perpetual), so it bothered me that the CC updater wasn't indicating the availability of ACR 8.2. 

Who knows?

Thanks again for your efforts.

grampus45

• 7. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I received notification about ACR 8.2 on my home computer yesterday, and on my work computer, today, so it is out, and seems to come through normal deployment channels, but not to everyone at the same time, I think, perhaps so as not to overwhelm the servers of whatever vendors they contract with to host their deployments.

• 8. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
                        Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 updates are available for both Photoshop CC and CS6.

To update Adobe Camera Raw, use the update mechanisms in Photoshop CS6 or CC. (Help > Updates)

It takes time for Update to get reflected on your CC app.

Resolution is to Quit and Relaunch your app, this would list all the recent live updates.

Regards,

Ashutosh

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: why doesn't new ACR 8.2 show up in my CC update list?
                          grampus45 Level 1

I thank you for your efforts, Ashutosh, but, as I hope you can see from the prior posts in this thread, your advice has already been seen to be inapplicable.  I wish it were all as simple as you make out.

I am supposed to be getting a call from an Adobe tech (higher up the chain) on this matter. In the meantime, however, since my CS6 ACR did update to 8.2, I have copied it over to CC, and it's working fine.  But one shouldn't have to do that.  The tech who "escallated" my case to the higher up tech was told that this was a problem a number of people had encountered, and they were working on it.

Rather generally, the CC updater needs to have a button or menu item added to force recognition of (sync-ing with) what apps are located on the machine.  At the moment, it appears to know an app is resident only if (and when) it installs the app.  If, for some reason, it loses track of the apps it has installed, it ceases to check for updates for those apps.  That's really very silly and most unrobust.  There should be means for adding apps to the update check list and means for forcing an update even when the updater indicates an app is "up to date."  The fact that it says it is up to date is not a positive indication that it is.  This is true both for the CC desktop updater and the apps' own build-in update panel (Help->Update).

thanks,

grampus45