• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 - Not recording drop down menus

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Last week I was able to record the movement of drop down menus and now it's skipping the movement.  During play back nothing is showing as happening.  My settings are Automatic / Demo / Automatic Panning.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure that you have the dropdown, use the shortcut key PrintScreen to add some manual slides inserted, when the dropdown is open. It is much easier to delete superfluous slides later on then to add slides.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That's a good work around for now.  Although it would be great to still be able to have captivate record when I select a radio button or an item from a drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you modified AdobeCaptivate.ini?

I have added a HTML5 demo (published from CP7) which shows two runs of visiting drop down menus here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1796574/demo1.zip

In the first run, the entire navigation across all of the drop down menus got recorded.

In the second run, however, only the end points of the navigation got recorded.

This is to show that Captivate uses a set of heuristics to decide when to retain and when to throw away the in-between slides. A simple rule of thumb is, if the mouse landing click has a "good correlation" with the intermediate slides w.r.t x,y coordinates and the amount of screen changes that happened during the mouse navigations in-between, then the entire navigation is retained in the recording.

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't updated the ini.  It turned out that my global settings and project settings weren't  set to record actions.  Also, even when I turned those on, it still didn't work.  I figured it out finally, I'm using two monitors and have to record on the same monitor as captivate.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources