3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2013 1:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Upload video to sharing websites  (Skydrive using Adobe Premiere Elements 11)

Bruce10116

I would like to upload my video to Skydrive using Adobe Premiere Elements 11. Is there a direct way to do this, or a format I can publish to (using premiere) that will let a shared viewer view my video in a browser from my skydrive. I have tried several formats and uploaded with no success.

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: Upload video to sharing websites  (Skydrive using Adobe Premiere Elements 11)
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bruce10116

There are only Publish+Share/Online/Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube as you found out.

The key to this is what formats does Skydrive accept. Have you seen the following link content? It may cover some aspects of the matter that you had not yet considered.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/video-formats-supported-faq

Once we know that then we decide what Premiere Elements 11 export will do the job. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 on and what are the properties of your video that you are importing into Premiere Elements 11?

What have you or the project set for the project preset to be in accord with the properties of your source media?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Upload video to sharing websites  (Skydrive using Adobe Premiere Elements 11)
            Bruce10116 Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for your input! Yes I have looked at the Link you provided.The OS on my PC is Win7 64-bit.

I would like to maintain the MPEG4 standard for my videos if possible. I have had no problems viewing .mp4 files directly through my browser (IE10) within my skydrive, or sharing with others for that matter.

The video (Source media)  from my smart phone is .mp4 format, saved to my hdd and then imported to my Premiere 11 (project assets).

My default project settings are: NTSC-AVCHD-Full HD 1080i 30 for this project. From what I have already read, it is impossible to change this setting after the project is started. Using this preset, is there an export/output/publish format I should use to accomplish my desired result? Unfortunatily, I don't see much on the board about skydrive T/S.

Every output format I have tried works fine on my PC using windows media player 12. The problem with placing them on the skydrive is that they only provide for a download back to the PC, which is not what I want.

Again, Thanks!

Bruce

• 3. Re: Upload video to sharing websites  (Skydrive using Adobe Premiere Elements 11)
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bruce10116

If Premiere Elements 11 is not giving you the correct project preset, then you set the project preset yourself manually before you import the video into the project. To set the project preset manually, File Menu/New/Project, making sure that you have a check mark next to Force Selected Project Settings on this Project. Then you import your source media into the project.

Under certain circumtances you can change the project preset of a project once the project is opened, but it involves the editing of the saved Notepad document of the project file (project.prel). Many find it easier just to start a new project.

From what I have read and understood so far, yours is not really a Premiere Elements question. Rather it involves your computer and Skydrive. In that regard, have you gotten any input from the Skydrive Forum that is cited in the link that I posted for you in my prior post in your thread? Have you also seen the following?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2010516/microsoft-skydrive-your-ultimate-starters-guide.htm l?page=2

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR