• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is adobe forcing me to download Chrome and the Google Toolbar with Flash?

Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is adobe forcing me to download Chrome and the Google Toolbar with Flash? I'd rather not see CNN videos than have to have Chrome and the Google Toolbar on my computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nobody can force you to do anything in life without your consent."

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be precise, the only way Adobe was offering the Flash download from CNN was if you accepted Google Toolbar and Chrome at the same time. There were no options to pick and choose among them, it was a package deal or nothing.

I realize I was being dramatic but this was frustrating and amazing to me as having Chrome running while you are using Photoshop is the best way possible to lose your Photoshop project.

Chrome and Photoshop do not play well together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome and ANYTHING don't play well together. I've uninstalled it from six machines. As a web designer, I need all browsers for testing, but after running an Adobe Premiere update that required a hard restart, I discovered Google Chrome running in the background from the restart and it was sucking up 80% of my processor. I don't need that.

CNN probably gets a kickback from Google in exchange for linking to the Adone updater with Chrome bundled.

Anyway, I gave you the link(s) to download it without anything bundled. Bookmark those for future use, as the update files will change, but the links won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ScottSatellite wrote:

the only way Adobe was offering the Flash download from CNN was if you accepted Google Toolbar and Chrome at the same time.

You shouldn't download Adobe software from anywhere but the adobe.com domain.  If you download it from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ you will get an opt-out for Google Chrome (or McAfee, or whatever is on today's menu):

fp_chr.PNG

Better yet, use the offline installers that were posted earlier.

While I use many Google products and services, Google Chrome is not one of them.  I especially don't like how it installs, setting itself as the default browser without asking, and when you uninstall it, it will remain the default browser, which of course causes lots of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines