I have been syncing a feature and one day when I was syncing the playback on the multiclip was unwatchable and very choppy. I later figured it out that one camera's clips were 23.976 and the other camera was 24, so I retranscoded and everything was fine.
A couple days ago I had a few clips synced multicam and they were great then I did a couple more and it was same problems as before. Frame rate and everything matched, so I messed around with Premiere settings playback wise, quit Premiere came back in and eventually it just started working again randomly.
Today again I did two clips which came out perfectly smoothly and after those two clilps every multiclip I create has the jitters. I even redid the ones that don't jitter and they get the choppiness, but I click on the originals I made and they don't. Sorry this is so hard to explain because it is blowing my mind at how weird it is acting. I feel like I'm changing some option accidentally for multicam syncing, that I don't even realize with a fast key or I don't know.
Does anyone have any solutions? I know this is crazy weird and specific. I normally don't even hit the forums because I can usually problem solve it myself, but this time I am stumped. The frame rates, the codecs and everything match I have triple checked this. Pleaseeee helpppp if you can.
Is your raid fast enough to playback the streams / data rate you are asking?
I have also seen this while trying to play back 4 streams of ProRes422. Sometimes it would play fine, other times it was dropping frames like crazy. Seemed that if it started out OK then it would not drop any, but otherwise it would start dropping and never get its house in order.
Almost like it's not getting all the files ready to go before setting off - and then can't catch up with itself.
Avid on the same computer / raid / media (transcoded to DNX) was more reliable (still dropping frames but consistently near sections of the timeline with lots of edits)
Yeah my system can definitely handle everything, it's just 2 cameras for the multicam and they are just pro res proxy. I still don't know how I solved it, but I opened a new project, imported the other project file into this new project. I started multicam syncing and everything worked again. That's all I did different and the editor is now cutting that whole scene and everything is fine. I hope that helps!