3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 2:01 AM by niki tsanov

sound position and duration

cfortin14 Level 1
      The sounds come from an array, when I click on the sound icon a new mp3 is loaded, that part works. The problem is with the txtPlayTime.text, when I load a new mp3 soundPlayingTime does not initialize from 00:00 but continues counting and the content of the text field txtPlayTime.text bliks from 00:00 / 00:00 to the current value every time the interval refreshes.

I tried all kind of things but I cannot make it work properly. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced,

• 1. sound position and duration
          niki tsanov
          So i have the same problem and i decide when i setInterval into the object.onLoad=function so try with this

mySound.onLoad=function(success)
          {
          sound_interval = setInterval(updateSoundProgress, 100, s);
          if(success)
          {
          mySound.start(mySound.position/1000);
          }
          }
          and put command into your buttons
          mySound.stop();
          mySound.start(0);
          • 2. Re: sound position and duration
            cfortin14 Level 1
            This is the final working code, thank you niki!
            • 3. Re: sound position and duration
              niki tsanov Level 1
              U welcome.
              I have question are you upload ur project into server and test it? Because when i write my player i was problem in onLoad=function(success) i mean user open the site and sound play but after the sound loaded that mean if(success) i put like you s.stop() s.start(0) the current sound stop and begin from 0 , it dousent continue from the current position i decide with s.start(s.position/1000).I offer u to test your player into some server :)