10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 11:34 PM by Videoprod.ch

Text cropped on transitions

Videoprod.ch Level 1

Hello I pushed a video on its right to have place to put some text. The text is dissolved in the video. I have a strange cropped effect during the transition as you can see in the picture. This is really bad.

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz006.jpg

Do you have any solution?

• 1. Re: Text cropped on transitions
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Nest text and video then add transition to the nest. Beware of the handles.

• 2. Re: Text cropped on transitions
            Videoprod.ch Level 1

Hi Ann thank you very much, It works but I have to add the transitions to the text in the nest and not to video... but this is very long. Really disappointed about this issue in Premiere...

• 3. Re: Text cropped on transitions
              DarrenKP

Videoprod,

I am not sure without looking at your project, but it looks to me like you have the text sitting behind the layer containing the two people.  If you move the image layer (or any related masks or layers), does the cropping of your text move too?

Can you just drag your text layer up in your project so that it sits above/in front of the image?

Good luck.

• 4. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                the_wine_snob Level 9

DarrenKP,

I agree. With that straight line in the Title, it appears that something is "screening" the Text. Could be something like Blending Mode of the Title, or something else.

I would suggest that the OP attach a screen-cap of the Timeline, showing that area, with both the Title and the Video.

Also, this line caught my attention:

I pushed a video on its right to have place to put some text.

Details of exactly what was done, to "push" the Video, might hold a clue, as might the screen-cap.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                  Videoprod.ch Level 1

Hello I am quite experienced editor that recently jumped from Final cut to Premiere so I guess no basic errors in my approach: text is on top in my timeline.

In the timeline you can see on top text, then the video pushed to its right (see explanaition on how below...) and a white color matte to hide the pushing of the video (that I recorded on a white studio background).

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz009.jpg

I pushed the video to its right by changing the x position in the video effects motion tab and the problem is really linked to that as I can see that the cropping text happens exactly on that limit.

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz008.jpg

Many thanks

Luca

• 6. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                    Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No easy to see what is what as every track is collapsed.

But guessing: Nest video and color matte

then add transition to text.

• 7. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                      Videoprod.ch Level 1
                      I was sure this solution would have work but it is not the case. I collapsed video and color matte togheter, my text is on the top line with transition applied (see picture 2) and I have the same problem.... this is really bad from premiere. I think this is the kind of situations where nesting solve the problems but the video behaves exactetly like before the nesting...

Any solution?

Thanks Luca

PreviewScreenSnapz002.jpg

Adobe Premiere Pro CCScreenSnapz012.jpg

• 8. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                        Videoprod.ch Level 1

For info the only working solution was to add a white cropped matte behind each of the text... not happy with this solution because nesting should have worked. In my opinion the problem came from a slight difference between the white background of the studio and the white matte added to fullfith the background after I moved the video to its side.

Best

Luca

• 9. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                          shooternz Level 6

Did you have enough clear studio background to fill the left side instead of using a Matte?

eg use video twice with garbage matte on top layer. Motion bottom layer for fill.

• 10. Re: Text cropped on transitions
                            Videoprod.ch Level 1

This is a good idea, now I dont want to do this job as placing a white matte under the text worked but next time I would try this.

Thank you very much