15 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 3:34 PM by aoetman

Warp stabilizer not rendered on export

Russell JM Level 1

I've just exported a sequence and for some reason some of the warp stabilisation effects aren't rendered and the clip has an orange bar saying "Stabilizing" across the middle. Very odd!

Anyone have any ideas why it's done this? The sequence is over an hour long and was about to be sent to a client so it's a good thing I happened to stumble across one of them.

• 1. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Perhaps you began the export before the initial processing was completed within Warp Stabilizer? Just a guess, have not encountered this before since I definitely wait on each application of that effect so I can judge the results.

Now I have to test that theory, I'm curious!

OK, just tried a test and that is exactly the issue! I dropped four short clips onto a timeline, added Warp Stabilizer to each and of course they each had the blue "Analyzing in Background" banner across them. I IMMEDIATELY went to AME and began an Export and sure enough, the blue banner was exported with the clips.

Depending on the clip, Warp sometimes makes the clip much worse and I would never export before checking the results on each clip I applied it to. The CMOS chip jello wobble sometimes becomes extreme like a funhouse mirror and then I just skip it!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to wait until everything is Warped (no blue or orange band on the clip in the timeline) then go to export.

• 3. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
              Russell JM Level 1

I'd definitely waited until everything had warped - I hadn't even applied the effect for a good hour or so.

Going back through the project and all the Warp Stabilized clips are messed up - some are in the wrong aspect ratio, some are cropped in much more than the original effect etc. I've had to go back through and reset to default - am exporting now and hopefully that will have fixed it.

• 4. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                Russell JM Level 1

This is really bad now. Some clips that I've stabilized are fine for the first half, and then for no reason in the render they go to a different aspect ratio and look terrible. Others get rendered with the orange bar across, and some do both (orange bar plus wrong aspect ratio).

It's really difficult to spot these errors in a long edit and this is a massive problem. Any ideas?

• 5. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export

The only thing I can say Warp can do wonders it cannot perform miracles.

Not every clip is suited to be warped.

You could start Premiere with holding down shift+alt and then clearing out Media Cash.

• 6. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                    Russell JM Level 1

This has nothing to do with stabilizer working well or not. All the clips will be stabilized fine and only on export does it then show some with an orange bar etc. When I close the project and re-open it some are then cropped in, the wrong aspect ratio, or both. Resetting the effect fixes it but that's extremely time consuming when I have about 500 clips in a sequence and there's no way of finding which clips have the effect applied.

I'll try clearing out the Media Cache next time, thank you.

• 7. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                      Russell JM Level 1

Here's an example. I've just rendered the sequence again - the top still is what the shot looks like in the sequence after stabilisation (ie fine), and below is how it's come out after rendering.

http://i.imgur.com/xa14ONt.jpg

And this isn't a general aspect ratio issue - it only effects this clip because of the warp stabilizer effect.

• 8. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                        Russell JM Level 1

Another example:

http://i.imgur.com/sChPLK8.jpg

This clip is perfectly stabilized in Premiere Pro (top), but upon exporting it is first stabilized (bottom left), then not stabilized with the orange bar across (bottom centre), and then cropped/incorrect aspect ratio (bottom right), all within the space of a 2 second clip. I've wasted an entire morning trying to fix this.

• 9. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                          benbankson Level 1

Agreed with Russell JM. Has anyone figured this out? Have analyzed, stabilized and rendered effects in timeline. On export the orange "stabilize" bar suddenly shows up even tho it doesn't show at all in the timline. In this case Ann Bens advice doesn't apply. It's in the export process that this problem is happening

• 10. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                            benbankson Level 1

Ok so I figured out a workaround that fixed my problem. Some background info: I had filmed and edited a project in 1080p24 (HD) and needed to export it for use with a DVD (which is obviously SD).

When I tried to export it to mpeg-2 for DVD authoring it had the silly "Stabilizing" error. Finally I tried just exporting it in it's native format and voila it exported no problem thus showing the problem to be an export issue. I then took the HD export and converted it to MPEG2 for DVD. I'm not sure if it's just premiere having issues with downcoverting and rendering at the same time but this is what fixed my problem.

Any other ideas? While DVD jobs are usually few and far between, I'd rather not export and re-export for quality's sake regardless of how negligible the degredation is.

1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export

Does this particular clip have other effects?

Maybe nest it first then apply Warp.

• 12. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                                benbankson Level 1

@Ann Bens - Thanks for the recommendation! The only other effect applied on the various clips is a levels effect. All other effects (which in this case were few) were applied to an adjustment layer above the clips. One thing to note is that I edited various scenes in separate sequences/timelines and then brought those sequences into one final sequence/timeline. Ultimately exporting it in HD fixed the "stabilizing" issue but it's still a curious result.

• 13. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                                  Russell JM Level 1

This still hasn't been resolved even with full updates from CC. The only workaround we've found is to render at Maximum Quality but that's a massive waste of time and resources - a 2 hour render shoots to around 12 hours.

As above rendering in HD and then to SD afterwards is also an option but again a massive waste of time and we'd prefer not to have to do that - it's effectively a needless workaround for a massive bug.

Adobe - Any answers?

• 14. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                                    Animejaz

Can someone post the link to the bug fix area for this? This issue in Premiere has had me stumped and baffled for the past 2 weeks. The whole time thinking I wasn't exporting right. I had delivered 6 DVDs after spot checking a massive project and checking the origional export, The Stablizer bar didn't apper untill I exported in to Mpeg2 codec. I find out from my client that the bar pops up ever where. Thats not good.

It's not in the timeline, not in the other exports, it didn't even show up when I was making the DVD in Encore. Only on the DVDs. Adobe! Please fix soon I would hate to loose such a wonderful tool like the warp stablizer because of exporting issues.

• 15. Re: Warp stabilizer not rendered on export
                                      aoetman

I'm having this issue too, a massive video file that's fully rendered and opened for a very long time, yet when I export Mpeg2-DVD, it has stabilization bars . . .