6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 10:59 PM by vharis

No fonts??

MEFeliciano Level 1

When I open my Manage fonts panel none of the edge fonts are showing up? The panel is blank.

I checked and the panel works fine in Edge Animate

Untitled.jpg

• 1. Re: No fonts??
          Preran Adobe Employee

Hi MEFeliciano,

Can you check out the solutions in the following post and let us know if you still need help?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1176315

Thanks,

Preran

• 2. Re: No fonts??
            MEFeliciano Level 1

When I follow this I have no "webfonts" folder but I do have the "freefonts" folder. When I renamed it and restarted dreamweaver then went to the mangage fonts dialog I get an error message that the file can't be found.

Can you try the following steps:

1)  Navigate to your "AppData" folder;

Typically,

WIN:  "C:\Users\{YourUserName}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\{YourLocale}\Configuration"

MAC:  "/Users/{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/{YourLocale}/Configuration"

2)  Under this folder, ensure there are two sub-folders - FreeFonts, webfonts;

3)  If they are present and your window is still displaying blank images, rename these two folders to some other names, say, FreeFonts_Temp & webfonts_Temp;

4)  Quit and Relaunch Dreamweaver;

5)  Open ManageFonts dialog from "Modify -->  Manage Fonts ..." menu command;

6)  If the dialog is still blank, wait for a few minutes (about 10 minutes or so - depends on your Internet download speed) and then launch the dialog again;

You should be able to see the images now.  Please do get back if this is not working.

• 3. Re: No fonts??
              vharis Level 4

@MEFeliciano , I just tried out this and was able to repro this . I believe it becuase you donot have those icons under the Applications freefonts directory

i.e : back up the /Users/{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver xxx folder,

1. Check for the 500+fonts icons and freefonts.json file in the
                /Users/{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver xxx/{YourLocale}/Configuration/Freefonts directory - Make sure they are all there
              2. Check the applications frrefonts directory
                Installed location/Dreamweaver xxx/Configuration/Freefonts

I suspect that this folder would not have the 500+ icons and the freefonts.json file

If it is the case , then try copying the the whole 500+ icons and the json from the /Users/{YourUserName}/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver xxx/{YourLocale}/Configuration/Freefonts directory  to the Installed location/Dreamweaver xxx/Configuration/Freefonts directory

Relaunch DW and see if its working fine

P.S. In case both the directories are empty - launch the Webfonts dialog and leave DW idle for some time so that all the font icons and json is downloaded into the Users directory and then copy them to the Applications directory

..Harish:)

• 4. Re: No fonts??
                MEFeliciano Level 1

Still looking

• 5. Re: No fonts??
                  MEFeliciano Level 1

Did all that. All fonts ARE present in the proper folders... still a blank panel.

• 6. Re: No fonts??
                    vharis Level 4

@MEFeliciano ; CAn you please post a screenshot of the contents in the feefonts folder at both locations. MAke sure that both of them have 500+fonts and a json file