• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Updates

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, maybe I'm just too tired from lack of sleep last night or maybe I just dreamed this a while ago, or maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I swear when I downloaded the trail version of RH7 that after I imported a glossary I could drag and drop terms in to the topic. Then if I modified the term in the glossary pod it would automatically update that term in all the topics.

My client has since purchased the Technical Communications suite, but now this feature doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else having this issue or was this just something I dreamed up one night and it never really existed? Call me crazy, but I swear that I did this in the trail version.

I think.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the trial version i dragged terms from the glossary to words in the topics that werent matched automatically. Afterwards I changed some of the definitions. Thinking the job was well done, I checked some of the expanding definitions and discovered that the old definitions were shown instead of the new ones. to change it I had to repeat the dragging process.... Ofcourse this should be updated automatically.
The whole glossary module seems a bit "not finished". One thing that would really improve the module would be the possibility to add synonyms to the terms. Here also the different inflected forms of the term could be added. This would greatly optimize the hot spot wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, kfrdk

The Glossary Hotspot Wizard works in a very similar fashion to the Smart Index Wizard. Both are a bit like shooting a gun. It's something you simply run from time to time to make sure all is updated.

As you have seen, changing a definition in the Glossary editor area will not automatically update the definitions in all the topics. To do that, you need to run the Glossary Hotspot Wizard again after you make changes. Then you will have the opportunity to update all the expanding hotspots to include the new definition.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hotspot wizard is not very precise though. It only matches words in the topics which exactly matches the term (typically the stem of the word). More often than not the words in the topics are inflected forms of the term, but nevertheless the same word. All these occurrences need to be associated manually with a term. As I mentioned in my last post synonyms or general inflections could be added - in English this could simply be an -s, in Danish several more.
The Glossary could be a very useful functionality, and hopefully it will be improved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

You should probably put your wishes before the eyes that need to see it. This would be the Adobe folks. To do that, you complete what we call the "Wish Form".

Click here to visit the Wish Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ok, ill try that. thx for the link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp