9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 12:53 PM by A.T. Romano

copy scenes?

art0630

Can edited scenes be copied from one video to another video?

• 1. Re: copy scenes?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

By "from one video to another video," do you mean from one PrE Project to another?

If so, then the answer is not directly.

One can do such, with a Clipboard Extender program, such as ClipMate, with many OS's, and versions of PrE. What OS version, and PrE version, are you using?

One workaround would be to Export/Share/Publish+Share one Timeline, or a portion of it, to an intermediate file, for Import into the other Project.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 2. Re: copy scenes?
            art0630 Level 1

Boy that was a quick answer to my question. I am running Windows 7 and Elements 11.

Thank You,

Art Wilkinson

• 3. Re: copy scenes?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

art0630

Definitely need more information about "copy scenes".

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

There are sorts of techniques involved in what your intent might be. One perspective....

1. How are you cutting this edited scene out of one video? Scissors, trimming in the Preview Window (with its Set In Set Out points), other?

2. How are you planning on getting the scene into the second video - by cutting the second video at the point of insertion of this edited "scene" or other?

3. Have you considered the concept of "Overlay" rather than a strict Copy/Paste? Such as, holding down the Ctrl key of the computer main keyboard as you drag your "edited scene" to the site on the second video where you want the overlay (edited scene) to replace other frames on the second video?

Lots of possibilities and interpretations.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: copy scenes?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

art0630

I did not see your post until after I had submitted mine.

Thanks for the information on your version of Premiere Elements and the computer operating system on which it is running.

Looking forward to your details on intent.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: copy scenes?
                  art0630 Level 1

A.T.,

My thought is to copy several edited scenes from one timeline and paste it into a new blank timeline. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Art Wilkinson

• 6. Re: copy scenes?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

art0630

Is this going to be all within the same project? Or, are you thinking copy from one project and paste into another project?

The copy/paste within one project is no problem just be mindful of where the Timeline Indicator is and what you have highlighted. More details if this is what you have in mind.

The copy from one project and paste in another cannot be done with the typical computer copy/paste. You can do that with the Premiere Elements in conjunction with the 3rd party software named ClipMate. Or, some advance the idea of exporting the "scene" or "Timeline content" from project 1 as a file saved to the hard drive and then importing that file into project 2.

As you may already know, you cannot import one project file (project.prel) into another.

Here is a blog post that I have written on the copy/paste insert using ClipMate.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe-clipmate-copypaste-between-pe.html

We will be looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: copy scenes?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Thank you for that info.

That was what I had anticipated, but wanted clarification.

For such an operation, then the ClipBoard Extender route *, or the Publish+Share, then Import route should work for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

* I do not use ClipMate, but know that ATR has some very useful observations on it, especially with newer OS's and PrE 11. He can fill you in on how well it will work for you.

• 8. Re: copy scenes?
                        art0630 Level 1

A.T.,

Thank you very much for the help. I've downloaded a trial version of clipmate and will read the discussion. I'll post my results later.

Thanks,

Art Wilkinson

• 9. Re: copy scenes?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

art0630

Glad that we have the intent details out of the way and can move forward on determining what is going to work for you.

Every detail in the blog post how to that I cited are important, nonetheless it will do what you want. Exception, with Premiere Elements 11 and ClipMate, there is a problem with just the copy/paste insert of the transitions (if transitions are involved in the copy/paste insert).

ATR