6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2013 6:44 PM by Noel Carboni

Photoshop trouble

mattreece

I just downloaded an update for Photoshop and now it won't run

• 1. Re: Photoshop trouble
          Chuck Uebele Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to give more detail about what OS you're using and your computer specs.

• 2. Re: Photoshop trouble
            mattreece Level 1

I run Windows 7, 64-bit on a Dell Precision M4700 with i7-3840 QM, 2.8 Ghz processor with 32G RAM.

• 3. Re: Photoshop trouble
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Now what version of Photoshop which update and did the update seem to install ....???

• 4. Re: Photoshop trouble
                Pragya Kandari Adobe Employee

Are using photoshop CS6 or older?

Which update you are trying to install??

What error??

Regards

Pragya

• 5. Re: Photoshop trouble
                  mattreece Level 1

Thank you everyone for your interest. I had installed Adobe Photoshop CC just five months ago. I'm not sure what specific update that Creative Cloud was trying to install (I can't find a description anywhere). Anyway, a notice came up in the Creative Cloud window that three different programs needed to be updated and Photoshop was one of them. It was after I installed the update that Photoshop failed when I tried to open it. The crazy thing is that it won't even give a speicific error message when it closes. It just says that an error has ocurred and Windows will now close the program.

• 6. Re: Photoshop trouble
                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Look in your Windows event logs.  There should be some indication in the Application log showing the detail of the application failure or crash.  Copy that info and paste it here.

It may be that resetting your preferences to defaults can help get past this.  Or you may need to install an updated driver for your system.

Also bear in mind some improvements were made in a quick update right after Photoshop CC version 14.1 was released, and now the current update is 14.1.1.  See if the Creative Cloud application wants to update you again.  That may just solve it for you.

-Noel