7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2013 7:34 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS5 Crashes on launch version 10.8.3

TimminsAnnie

Hey Everyone,

I've been having trouble with InDesign (CS5) for about two years on my macbook pro. I have reinstalled it twice which slightly improves its functioning but it would still crash when I tried to add more pages or view my placed images in high quality display. I figured my issue was the lack of RAM (4GB) I had on my laptop because Illustrator and Photoshop would also occasionally crash with large files.

But..I have just recently bough an iMac with 16GB of RAM and transferred everything from my laptop using migration wizard. InDesign now crashes without opening at all. Photoshop and Illustrator work fine.

I have tried inDesign as a guest user and it is the same problem.

I have been reading forums and have tried to locate the preferences folders to move them but they are not here:

Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/

I have also considered uninstalling and reinstalling on my iMac but how do I do that without a disc drive?

Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide that will help you help me, I need inDesign for my major work for Uni and am pretty damn concerned!

Should I provide a crash report? How do I do this?

Thanks!