• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my files have broken links

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several hundred topics in my project.  I just opened the project and all of my topics are showing as broken links.  There are no topics listed either in the topics pod or the HTML files (topics) section in the project manager.

How can I get them back without linking each file manually?  I tried deleting the .cpd file but still the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the topic HTM file exist in the project directory if you look in Windows Explorer. If they do, and they look OK, you can import them from the File > Import > HTML / XHTML menu item. If they aren't there, could someone have deleted them manually outside of RoboHelp? Or maybe if you are using source control issue there is something amiss there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all the htm files exist and look fine if I open them.  Problem there is several hundred of them in many different folders.  Also if I manually link a file, it appears but as soon as I exit Robohelp and then go back in, the link is broken again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reference to "folders" has wondering where you are referring to. Are these folders in your Windows Explorer view or in RoboHelp? In fact, does the folder structure in your RH project match that in Windows Explorer? If they don't that is likely to be the issue. Could someone have moved the topic files into folders in Windows? If that is the case, RH will no longer know where the files are as no one has told it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, folders in windows explorer which are mirrorred in Robohelp.  I am the only one working on it so no files have been moved or deleted.  They are all still there in the same locations as yesterday when it was working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your project located on your local C:\ drive? Is there any source control at play here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes on my c: drive.  There is a Team Foundation Server source control connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you also tell us what RH version you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the files exist in TFS? Could the checkout you performed have negated to check them out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the files do exist in TFS.  Do you think a roll-back to the last manual backup a week ago would be easiest to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That depends on where the backup is and what has chaned in the meantime. It sounds from your initial post that you haven't changed anything since you got the latest version from TFS. If this is right and your "backup" is the last version in TFS, then I'd guess trying to roll back to that would be the right thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Copied all of the Robohelp files from the backup, i.e. everything not an image or a .htm file.  All files are linked and so far project seems to be working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp