2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2013 7:15 AM by Rick Gerard

Anchor Point not centered?

HandsomeDragon Level 1

Everytime I want something to spin, like a circle, its always a little off. When I set it manually by moving the point to what I think is the center its still a bit off.

It was never like this I think and now its happening in every new project I start. Is there aa way to center the anchor point by pressing a button, or something

similar like that?

Please and thank you.

Best,

Kenny

• 1. Re: Anchor Point not centered?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

There is a new feature for centering the anchor point in the After Effects CC (12.1) update, due for release in a few weeks:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

• 2. Re: Anchor Point not centered?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If it's a shape layer reveal the shape layer transform property by pressing the U key twice and reset it.

Screen Shot 2013-09-21 at 7.12.30 AM.png

If your comp has non square pixels the circle will not look round even though it is so this may be causing you problems.

Any illustrator or Photoshop Circular layer will have the anchor point perfectly centered if you import as a composition retaining layer size.

It's now impossible to automatically center the anchor point around a mask unless you create a solid that is the size you want then double click one of the appropriate tools. For example, create a 200 X 200 pixel solid in a square pixel composition and then double click the Ellipse tool and you have a perfect circle with the anchor point centered.

Other than these common workflow tactics you'll have to wait for the update.