• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Flash Player despite proper reinstallation

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the uninstallation and reinstallation of Flash player according to the help (several times, last time based on the YouTube video by Chris Campbell),  it seems as if the Flash Player does not work. When installing it again, it did mention that the installation was successful, the software is visible under programs in the Control Panel and the Shockwave is enabled in the Internet Explorer. However, if I do the "find flash player version" on the Adobe website, I only get a blank box and it seems as if I cannot run animations.

What could be the problem/ what can I do to resolve this issue? I definitely followed the instructions for the uninstallation and deletion of files before downloading and installing Flash Player again.

I am running Windows 7/64-bit with Internet Explorer 10.0.9

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your ActiveX filtering again.

ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had figured that one out, and that at least makes the check "find Flash Player version" work.

However, the website I wanted to check movies on still asks me to update my flash player. I watched movies there 2 weeks ago without any issues and now it just does not work, neither before nor after the uninstallation and reinstallation process. Maybe it is just the problem of that website. I have not checked where to find other movies to test the reinstalled flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your installed Flash Player version?  See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "blank box" could also indicate an outdated graphics driver; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines