• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player systematically fails to install on my Windows 7/64 system

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After uninstalling Flash Player and Google Chrome from my Windows 7/64 desktop (due to some inconsistent performance) and setting Internet Explorer (ver. 10) as my default browser, Flash Player will not install again. At every installation attempts the following appears: "Note: Newer version already installed" (which is not true); and, when I click "FINISH", a window opens with "Adobe Flash Player did not install successfully". Can anyone, please, help?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had similar issues. Have you tried to follow the uninstallation and reinstallation instructions by Chris Campbell on YouTube "Clean install Flash Player"? That at least helped me installing the programme. However, it obviously does not seem to work in my case, but maybe you have more luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I followed the "Clean install

Flash Player" procedure carefully and ... IT WORKED! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2013 Sep 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, I am glad I could help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illecrop wrote:

"Note: Newer version already installed" (which is not true);

This indicates that you have a newer version (11.8.800.175?) already installed, and you try to install an older version (11.8.800.174?) over it.

What does your Control Panel / Programs & Features say is installed?

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines