7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2013 8:19 PM by A.T. Romano

Slow  Video Playback

Dubbzone

The transitions and video clips I put on the timeline seems to make playback stop and start making it difficult to edit.

How do I make video playback run smoother during editing? Are there any other steps I could use to mininise this problem? 

• 1. Re: Slow  Video Playback
          Jim_Simon Level 8

With the limited info provided, my recommendation would be to get a faster computer.

• 2. Re: Slow  Video Playback
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-PPro Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 3. Re: Slow  Video Playback
              Dubbzone Level 1

That would be ideal but unfortunitly not an option at the moment :-(  I am not a wizz on computors and would love to know what other recommendations you have...Is there something I could do in the computor..like free up memory?...get more ram?...or change a setting?

• 4. Re: Slow  Video Playback
                Dubbzone Level 1

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 10

All the recent updates.

Op Sys. Windows Vista Home Premium OEMAct Acer inc.

Type: VLC media file (.mts).

Problem happens when editing with transitions and effects, worked better with less.

What is third party effects and I/O haerdware? I only use the effects that came with the pack and content.

Dont know if I am using Mercury Playback EngineGPU Acceleration...

Problem only happens with previews and dose not effect final mixdown/output..

• 5. Re: Slow  Video Playback
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

[Moved to the Elements forum.]

• 6. Re: Slow  Video Playback
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Dubbzone

Thanks for the information

Premiere Element 10

Windows Vista Home Premium (it will not much matter at the moment, but is it 32 or 64 bit?.... you would still have Premiere Elements as a 32 bit application with the resource limitations of 32 bit).

So, depending on how the Q&A goes, we may need to go into the details of your computer environment and the size and duration of the files that you have on the Timeline when the problem exists.

A just in case question....after you place your video transitions and apply your effects are you seeing a red line over that content on the Timeline? If so, are you rendering that Timeline content by pressing the Enter key of the computer main so that the red line turns green?

More later.

ATR

• 7. Re: Slow  Video Playback
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1st, the information FAQ I posted has questions based on where you posted, which was the wrong forum... the correct list of questions is http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

Type: VLC media file (.mts)

VLC does not create original files, it is a media player (which can convert files) so, what is the brand/model camera you used to create the files?

And, more information about your computer might help someone help you... CPU and amount of ram, as a start