9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 1:04 AM by Qin Wei Ying

Digital Negative Converter

Qin Wei Ying Level 1

Have downloaded this twice...same problem both times. Want to use it with my new Panasonic GX7 and hence to Lightroom 3.6. When you get to the Change Preferences box you select the output directories and the LR compatibility. However there is no accept button (or cancel for that matter) box/tic. No way out and that means to having to crash restart the computer... frustration and no DNG files for LR3.6. Help please....thanks

• 1. Re: Digital Negative Converter
          Qin Wei Ying Level 1

Better add...using Windows XP if that helps.

• 2. Re: Digital Negative Converter
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What process are you describing that isn’t working, the download of the DNG Converter, the install of the DNG Converter, or using it to convert some raw files to DNG files?

Perhaps provide a screen-capture of the screen where you’re not seeing an Accept button for others to better understand where you are in the process.

• 3. Re: Digital Negative Converter
              Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There should be a Cancel and OK button on bottom right corner of the Preferences panel. Clicking on either will take you back to the main panel. If you don't see the panel as shown below then it would be helpful to post a screenshot of yours.

dng.png

• 4. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                Qin Wei Ying Level 1

Thanks Ian...you have shown me what I expected... but the Cancel/OK buttons don't appear on my version. I am running on Win XP. However if I just hit "Enter" on the keyboard in the Preferences window it drops them into the previous DNC window (again no Cancel/OK) and, having learnt to hit the enter button...that works there too! So I am up and running in a programmable monkey mode. Here are the screen shots (press Alt/Prt Sc capture)

This is where I start...

Adobe DNC1.JPG

Then Preferences

Adobe DNC2.JPG

Just hit enter since there is no Cancel/OK box...and, hooray, get this...

Adobe DNC3.JPG

But it isn't working as advertised....

• 5. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                  ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The DNG Converter panels are truncated on the bottom which is why you can't see the buttons.

The minimum screen resolution for the DNG Converter is 1024x768 and your screen-shots are less than 600, so apparently you're trying to use the DNG Converter on a monitor of 600 pixels high, minus some pixels for the taskbar.

The same sort of thing happens on Windows 7 if I set the Compatibilty Options to run on a screen of 640x480 except more of the bottom of each panel is cut off.

If you feel you are using the DNG Converter on a 768+ pixel high screen then please post an entire desktop capture, not just the DNG Converter window.

• 6. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                    Qin Wei Ying Level 1

No, it is not truncated...although it looks truncated; first thing I looked for. I can see the whole box and stuff all around it. Anyway here is a complete screenshot - I use two screens and the DNC stuff is on the right hand screen.

Adobe DNC4.JPG

• 7. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                      Qin Wei Ying Level 1

Ah...thats it.... Netbook screen resolution limited to 1024 by 600 pixels, the other is 1024 by 768. So the Netbook is clipping the box.... Ok...

• 8. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                        Qin Wei Ying Level 1

I thought I could use the slave as my start point...but no....so is there a get around other than just hitting "enter" in lieu of an OK box?

• 9. Re: Digital Negative Converter
                          Qin Wei Ying Level 1

Yes....rotate the screen on the netbook and I now have 600x1024...a bit cackhanded for the keyboard but I am there. Sorry about the long time it took for the penny to drop...but it is not the DNC, just my set up. Doh...! Many thanks for the help....