4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 5:39 PM by Lucia Lao

Required Field

raltomondo

When reviewing my responses, I find that I am missing data from a 'required' field.  That shouldn't be.  If it's a 'required' field, no entry should have been made until the form has been completed properly.  I got a lame answer the first time I sent this message a few weeks ago.  You all said "....the field wasn't filled in".  If that is the case, how does the 'required' field option work?

Bob Altomondo

• 1. Re: Required Field
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

I am sorry that you have not gotten your issues resolved.  Please share the form to llao@adobe.com

More on how to share a form : http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Lucia

• 2. Re: Required Field

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the form.  I have responded with additional questions. When you get a chance, please provide the addtional information.

I have not been able to reproduce the problem.  Is there any chance that you or you collaborators added the required field to the form after the form has been distributed and collected responses? If this is the case, then responses that you collected prior to adding the required field, will show an exclamation mark for this field in the responses table.

Thanks,

Lucia

• 3. Re: Required Field
              raltomondo Level 1

Those those folks don't know how to do that stuff on the computer.  I,'m the only one that designs and distributes and publishes the form.

Bob Altomondo

• 4. Re: Required Field

Hi,

Did you delete the choices in the Single Choice field (Tournament Date)? If so, and if you selected "Clear" at the warning dialog, then it cleared out all the entries for that particular choice. And this is why you don't see the values.

Please select 'Mark as Error' button next time. Then, you will see the value with an exclamation. DeletingChoices.png

I hope this helps resolve your issue,

Thanks,

Lucia