Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp won't create books

Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to those of you who provided guidance with my last merge-projects issue (turned out to be an incorrect-path proglem -- fixed).

So, I actually got around to creating a project (let's call it "NewYear") to merge into our currently running (let's say "Primary") project. I put my cursor in the TOC where I wanted the new project to merge into, clicked the merge icon, and a placeholder showed up. When I compiled the Primary project ... no book. Nothing. So, I went back (guess I should have done this first) and created a book, re-compiled ... nothing.

So, just for investigative purposes, I created a "dummy" book a little farther up the TOC tree and re-compiled ... nothing (no new book, I mean).

Was gibt?

Thanks in advance,
Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Lon

I've got a super silly question to ask you. Did you remember to place the content you are merging in the correct output location so that the help will find it? For WebHelp, this creates a MergedProjects folder where you need to insert the merged WebHelp files from the other system. For compiled .CHM, you normally copy the .CHM you wish to merge into the output folder.

If the files that are to be merged aren't in the correct location, you won't notice anything particularly different.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp