5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2013 3:09 PM by heathrowe

scroll bar doesn't show on tablets

mirifarr Level 1

Hi all

my project is built as follow:

stage - overflow : hidden

symbol A - overflow: visible

symbol B (nested in symbol A ) : overflow: scroll.

after publishing and review the file on tablets - scroll works fine but-

after publishing and uploading it to server, the scroll doesn't appear only on tablets, a web site with smaller resolution it do appear.

is it a problem of the server settings  or is it something with a JS or CSS code?

• 1. Re: scroll bar doesn't show on tablets
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

Sounds like its simply a case of the current stage heigh is smaller than the browser height.

To confirm: open any browser with the test example in question, then resize the browser height. Do you get the scrollbars then?

Darrell

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: scroll bar doesn't show on tablets
            mirifarr Level 1

hey darrell,

the problem is only on tablets and only when the project is upload to the server

in web browser it's work just fine actually perfect exactly as i need it to work.

only in tablets the scroll isn't displays. and again only when its on the server....

i have also inspected it with different tablets and get the the same result

• 3. Re: scroll bar doesn't show on tablets
              elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Miri-

Just to confirm, are you complaining that the scrollbars never show up or that they don't show up while you're scrolling?  I just created a very simple HTML sample that has one huge div and loaded it on my iPad mini.  The scrollbars do not show up by default, but will display when I scroll.

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: scroll bar doesn't show on tablets
                mirifarr Level 1

can't scroll up and down.... don't mind about the visual of the scrollbar

again it's only happens when i inspect the project on line = after uploading it to the server, and view it with a domain name on a browser

when i drag and drop directly to the tablet device there is a scrollbar...

Elaine,

i also tried with simple HTML long div no code at all -

with chrome =was no scroll

with the device browser it did worked fine

hopefully tomorow i will arrange another server to inspect it and find out if its a server problem.

after trying the long div (as you did) made me reinforce my thoughts that  its something with the server.

the server is a sub domain we received from the UNI, and i know other student had some issue with flash files didnt worked on tablets so

.... that might be it.

i'll keep you inform.

p.s

have you got to figure out what happend with the files "java script missng files bla bla...."

• 5. Re: scroll bar doesn't show on tablets
                  heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

mirifarr, can you post a link to the project?

Darrell