2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 2:38 PM by HUnknown1

Using Adobe Digital Editions with virtualization & on a Citrix farm.

THD

Hello Support,

We need to use Adobe Digital Editions in our company.  All our applications are virtualized (AppV 5) and then run on a Citrix Fram (60 blades). 

In this situation, how do we manage the 6 authorized computers that are allowed to read the books that we bought?

Thanks. 

Thiery.

• 1. Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions with virtualization & on a Citrix farm.
          AstridC

I have the exact same need/issue. One of our audit managers purchased an annual, shared research book in eBook form instead of our usual paper book. All of audit needs to be able to access this book on any of our 4 servers in our Citrix farm. I can't find anything on the web about this - setting up Digital Editions for use in Citrix or shared environment. It appears at this point that Digital Editions and the .acsm files are meant for use on individual computers with single logins. We don't install software on individual computers anymore. All software and work is done through Citrix servers in a private cloud. I will be interested in any input for help with this.

• 2. Re: Using Adobe Digital Editions with virtualization & on a Citrix farm.
            HUnknown1 Level 1

I have a similar question about that.

As a thought I don't know if this is possible. But what if a person installed the Readium Chrome Browser extension on the desktop instead of DE into a citrix environment?

Maybe that could be an alternative since I've read it does better with fixed layout EPUBS.

Just a thought.