Dear Adobe users.
At certain day my Adobe Premiere CC application started to malfunction. Maybe certain Windows 7 update or Graphic card update caused that, because when I saw this problem on one project, all projects I opened were effected from that time on, and all new project as well.
When I apply any effect to any clip, the user interface freezes. It is working, but display is hanged:
- I can scrub on timeline, but timeline indicator does not move (clip plays on monitor or second full screen monitor and sound of scrubbing is there)
- I can disable/enable effect, but icon remains (I can see on picture that effect is en/diss)
- Effect can not be edited or removed
- On some effect whole Premiere freezes if I try to edit effect (kill application in task manager is needed)
- Program start responding (and I can edit effects) after I reset workspace. I must reset workspace after any/every effect is applyed to clip. Which is cumbersome.
- Problem exists with all custom saved workspaces and with all Premiere ones, as well with ones I create new. So probably not corrupted workspace.
- I have all updates from Windows, and latest software from GPU (I even tryed several different beta drivers from nVidia, but no changes at problem).
I have two displays on nVidia GTX770 (ASUS) where one is program monitor, and one shows full screen picture. Problem is the same if only one display is used, but while testing this I found another scenario where GUI is reset, without reseting workspace via menu option: If focus is switched from EFFECT panel to PROGRAM panel, GUI is reset and I can work normaly. This work only if both panels are on same group, because program panel is hidden while effects panel is active. If I drag effects out (on second monitor), swithing focus have no effect. I need to reset workspace than.
Some effect does not only become nonresponsive but even hang whole Premiere if I try to edit them before I reset workspace (or switch effect->program). In that case I need to kill Premiere from process monitor (Task manager). If I reset workspace right after I place effect on clip, Premiere work normaly until I add new effect to new (or same) clip. If I COPY-PASTE effects from clip to clip, it work without reseting workspace.
When I close Premiere, most often it does not go OUT from process list. I must kill process before I want to run it again. Or restart PC, of course. I know when it does not exits because second full screen display doe not return back to desktop, but stays black until I kill Premiere. Premiere stays in memory even if I use only one display. QT32 process exits when I kill premiere process.
While Premiere do problems, Adobe Media Encoder does not. It starts it's own QT32 process and closes it properly, regardless Premiere is stuck or active.
I have slight idea that problem started when I installed Premiere CS6 and deinstalled it after leaving Encore CS6 on system. I think it is software problem, because I made no hardware cnages lately. System is almost 2 years old SB-E with INTEL DX79SR board. I reinstalled windows few months before, but problem started a good week ago after certain update or CS6 Encore related. I can't tell for shure. I didn't install/deinstall any other software from PC lately.
I use Premiere from version 6.5 on. I always solved my problems by reinstalling Windows and Premiere or by finding solution on forums. This time I found nothing on whole internet and I can't reinstall system before I finish long project. But this problem makes it harder to finish it. It seems system is slower and less responsive too, as it used to be.
Thank you VERY much for any hint or the solution.