3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2008 8:27 AM by JimH430

Can't select tools a second time

JimH430 Level 1
      In my tools pallet, once I select a tool any tool, say the donut or the marquee tool (it's not tool specific), I can not reselect another tool. The pop up window for a tool that has multiple selections does not work. I can click and click on a tool , any tool but it will not change and the list will not come up. I must close out of Fireworks and reopen to get it to work again. Then it only works for one time again. I maybe get it to work about every 50 clicks - no kidding.

I have uninstalled the entire CS3 using the uninstall program and reinstalled, check my Disk and Permissions in my OS - nothing is wrong - everything is OK.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have just noticed it in Fireworks, I am learning Fireworks & dreamweaver. I'm an old Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive person trying to make the transition, so I haven't used Fireworks until now. I have had CS3 since it first came out. Any help would be appreciated.

Running Mac 10.5.1, PowerPC - G5 Dual 2 GHz, 4 GBs RAM

P.S. the operating system was clean installed before installing CS3.

Thanks,

Jim
        • 1. Re: Can't select tools a second time
          Level 7
          Hi Jim,

This is a user to user forum. You'll probably be able to troubleshoot
          the problem a lot faster if you contact Adobe Customer Service.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Can't select tools a second time
            Level 7
            JimH430 wrote:
            > In my tools pallet, once I select a tool any tool, say the donut or the marquee
            > tool (it's not tool specific), I can not reselect another tool. The pop up
            > window for a tool that has multiple selections does not work. I can click and
            > click on a tool , any tool but it will not change and the list will not come
            > up. I must close out of Fireworks and reopen to get it to work again. Then it
            > only works for one time again. I maybe get it to work about every 50 clicks -
            > no kidding.

It sounds to me like you just need to 'hold' the click a little longer
            for the multiple tool selections. Click the tool icon and hold down the
            mouse button. You may have just held it long enough on that 50'th click
            for it to work.

SKB

• 3. Re: Can't select tools a second time
              JimH430 Level 1
              SKB,

Thanks - that was it. It's weird, like the rest of us, I've been using Photoshop and such for years and years and I just always clicked and the window opened.

It's funny, I was going to go to Tech Support, as suggested by Linda, so I went to all the programs in CS3 before I called and they all worked the same way - Holding Down the Mouse.

I guess I'm loosing my mind. Oh well... it's gotta go sometime.

Thanks