1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 5:49 AM by Captiv8r

The ''' character cannot be used in a path.

cynthianair17

I am trying to import HTML files from a previous version of online help into a newer version, but am getting the following error:

"The filename is invalid. The ''' character cannot be used in a path."

RH_ERRO.jpg

I have checked filenames of all HTML topics but I could not see '' or any other special characters having been used. This is happening for all HTML files in the older release of the help, not just one. Used version 9 for creating the older version, and that's what I am using for the new version. Please advise.

If this error cannot be resolved, I'll have to manually copy the content from older topics into topics created in the new help.

• 1. Re: The ''' character cannot be used in a path.
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

If you are importing several topics at once, you may need to use the "divide and conquer" approach. The goal is to sort exactly which of the files is giving you the issue. Once you identify the specific file, you will then be able to ascertain the exact character that is giving you fits.

As a general note, I'd be looking at the files using Windows Explorer. ANY character other than a-z, A-Z, 0-9 or the underscore do I consider suspect.

Best of luck to you in resolving this! Rick