1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 3:58 PM by JimHess

Using adobe DNG convert help me please!!!!!

joneil123

I have Adobe CS5 and have just bought a panasonic FZ200. Rawimages cant be opened from this camera in CS5 so I have downloaded the DNG converter. All is well on my laptop but on the PC which is where I would really like to edit my images I keep getting an error message 'the source folder doesnot contain any supported camera raw files'. They are the same files! I have copied them on to both machines so why does the converter not see them? My laptop   runs windows 7 and the PC runs Vista - is this significant? I am really fed up with this , have been trying to get these images edited all day!!!!

• 1. Re: Using adobe DNG convert help me please!!!!!
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think the problem you are having is that, when browsing using the DNG converter, you are opening the folder that contains your raw images. Notice that the prompt asks for the FOLDER that contains your raw images. Choose that folder, but don't open it. Then the DNG converter should convert the images that are in that folder. If you only want to convert one or two images, drag/drop them onto the icon that you use to start the DNG converter.