2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2013 5:05 PM by kashtanu2

IA32.api unloaded too early during document close

kashtanu2

I have a folder-level script that uses Net.HTTP.request. I have a periodic loop with an interval of 2 seconds where the "GET" is being sent to the server. Sometimes when I close the document, I find out that there is a crash -- IA32api_unloaded.

Questions -- is there a way to delay the document close or delay the unloading of IA32.api. I suspect that the Net.HTTP.request is being processed at the same time that IA32.api is unloaded from under it,

Thanks.

• 1. Re: IA32.api unloaded too early during document close
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Acrobat is Asynchronous so you may want to use a flag to indicate when this task is busy or idle. I would also close the timer event so it does not start while you are closing the PDF.

• 2. Re: IA32.api unloaded too early during document close
            kashtanu2 Level 1

Thank you for your reply!

I definitely close the timer interval and clear out, but I suspect that the script could be executing Net.HTTP.request currently in the pipeline. I believe this is the reason why the crash occurs some of the time, not all the time (there is Net.HTTP.request in the pipeline -- crash, nothing in the pipeline, do not crash).

Is there a way that you know of to tell Acrobat/Reader to not unload IA32.api just yet or somehow delay that event? I put in an action for the DocumentWillClose to and setting a timer for 2.5 seconds, but Acrobat is not waiting 2.5 seconds, just closes the doc right away...