1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2008 6:44 AM by Dexterous

Using the AutoQuick example

ebu!
      Hello,
      Having built AutoQuick i'm getting following error when trying to record button click:

An ActionScript error has occured:
      TypeError.Error #1006: incrementRecordedLinesCount is not a function.
      at mx.automation::AutomationManager/recordAutomatableEvent()[C:\Work\flex\dmv_automation\pro jects\automation\src\mx\automation\AutomationManager.as:1604]
      at mx.automation.delegates.core::UIComponentAutomationImpl/recordAutomatableEvent90[C:\Work\ flex\dmv_automation\projects\automation\src\mx\automation\delegates\core\UIComponentAutoma tionImpl.as:275]
      at mx.automation.delegates.controls::ButtonAutomationImpl/clickHandler()[C:\Work\flex\dmv_au tomation\projects\automation\src\mx\automation\delegates\controls\ButtonAutomationImpl.as: 109]

I think i've done everything as described in http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/flex3/html/agents_6.html#186419 with the only difference in adding libs to build ActionScript.swc:

[bu@dhcppc0 AutoQuick]$ /opt/flex3sdk_b3_121207/bin/compc -source-path+=./ -output ~/dvl/workspace/blaze-webapp/src/main/webapp/AutoQuick.swc -include-classes AQAdapter custom.CustomAutomationClass AQEnvironment custom.CustomAutomationEventDescriptor custom.CustomAutomationMethodDescriptor custom.CustomAutomationPropertyDescriptor custom.utilities.EnvXMLParser IAQCodecHelper IAQMethodDescriptor IAQPropertyDescriptor codec.ArrayPropertyCodec codec.AssetPropertyCodec codec.AutomationObjectPropertyCodec codec.ColorPropertyCodec codec.DatePropertyCodec codec.DateRangePropertyCodec codec.DateScrollDetailPropertyCodec codec.DefaultPropertyCodec codec.HitDataCodec codec.KeyCodePropertyCodec codec.KeyModifierPropertyCodec codec.ListDataObjectCodec codec.ScrollDetailPropertyCodec codec.ScrollDirectionPropertyCodec codec.TabObjectCodec
      -compiler.library-path+=/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/libs/automatio n.swc -compiler.library-path+=/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/libs/automati on_agent.swc -compiler.library-path+=/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/locale/en_US/ automation_rb.swc -compiler.library-path+=/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/locale/en_US/ automation_agent_rb.swc -compiler.include-libraries=/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/libs/auto mation.swc:/opt/Adobe_Flex_Builder_Linux/sdks/3.0.0/frameworks/libs/automation_agent.swc

it just doesn't build without libs despite doc claims that it should.

Any help is highly appreciated.

wbr, eugene.
        • 1. Re: Using the AutoQuick example
          Dexterous Level 1
          Hi ebu!

I do not have any answers for you, but another question.

We also want to use automated testing for the flex application that we are going to build.
          We need to evaluate on what is possible and *how* in order to use automated testing on flex application.
          It seems that you must have soent a great deal amount of time to find this, so can you throw some light on this topic for us?

regards,