Flash Player Beta Channel Update
The latest Flash Player 11.9 builds are now available. You can download Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta.
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher
Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- 64-Bit PPAPI Flash Player for Chrome
(Currently available in the Chrome Canary channel)
- Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date in enterprise environments is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. We’re introducing a new .pkg installer format for our distribution partners to reduce their workload. Administrators can now deploy Flash Player for Mac using industry-standard management tools.
This release focuses on enhanced premium video capabilities and new platform support. We're looking for feedback on stability and compatibility with existing content on these new platforms.
MacOS users should be testing with the lastest Mavericks Developer Preview (currently 3). Feedback on content with complex scenarios involving localConnection, ExternalInterface/External API, and FileReference will be especially helpful.
The following behaviors will be modified in Safari 6.1 and higher in Safe Mode:
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
- Developers can detect whether or not a SWF is running in Safe Mode by checking the Boolean ProductManager.isAllowed(). (This is currently unofficial, and it's possible that we may alter it during the API review process.)
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
- [Win7] Corrects a problem introduced in 11.7.700.224 where Simple Chinese characters were displayed as a box or question mark on the AutoUpdate dialog 
- [MSFT 3612555][Win 8] High DPI Displays - Corrects an issue where some content was not scaling with zoom changes
- [MSFT 366785][Win 8.1/IE11] Corrects an issue where an initial button press was ignored
- Corrects an issue introduced in 11.8.800.94 where layout of the AutoUpdate notification dialog was incorrect in localized languages 
- Corrects a problem introduced in 11.9.900.4 that only affected the beta, where HTTP Live Streams would not buffer after an Ad insertion 
- [HLS - Trickplay] Corrects an issue where memory usage doubled with Trickplay mode enabled 
- [Windows] Corrects an issue introduced in 11.7.700.164 where video was not rendering on some systems when using StageVideo with WMODE set to Window 
- Multiple Stability Enhancements
About the Beta Channel
Beta Versions of Flash Player are now available for automatic installation via our Background Update service. Please subscribe to automatically install or receive update availability notifications at runtime.
If you would like real-time notification for announcements related to the Flash Player Beta Channel, please subscribe to our Twitter feed @FlashPlayerBeta, or Follow the Flash Player Beta forums by choosing Follow This Forum from the right-hand menu on the Forums page.
You can find additional instructions for getting started with this release here: Flash Player 11.8 Labs Page
Finally, we encourage you to let us know what you think over on our 11.8 Labs forums