• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corporate Web Server not Serving Captivate HTML5 Correctly

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a corporate training project using Captivate 7. Works fine when published as SWF or EXE. I also need to publish it as HTML5 for IOS users, and it works PERFECTLY fine when I "serve" it using my personal web server on my development computer, and perfectly when I serve it from my personal WWW server out on the web.

However, the output when served from our corporate (IIS) web server is corrupted. The navigation play bar is completely messed up and the video appears cropped, completely unusable.

I realize this IS NOT an Adobe Captivate issue, as the HTML5 content plays fine from other web servers (as well as simply double-clicking the index.html file using Windows Explorer).

Any ideas?

Thanks

jackL

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack,

Are you using the same browser make and version in all three cases here?  Corporate SOE's sometimes have older browser versions (mostly of IE) that are not HTMl5 compatible?  Are you sure you're not seeing an issue related to the browser rather than the web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RodWard,

Thanks for your reply!

You are correct in your assumption that browsers could be the issue, but in this case I am using Google Chrome. Browser compatibility WILL BE an issue when I succeed in serving the HTML5 correctly as many of our students will be using IE 7 and 8, neither of which support the HTML5 produced by Captivate.

Unfortuntely, in this case, the browser is not the primary issue.

Thanks again!

JackL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... just make sure the web server knows how to server .mp4 files if you're using video.  You can add .mp4 to the web server's MIME type configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Thanks for the reply.

I double checked the folders, and there is no MP4 files in use by the project.

I will test for MP4 later today.

Thanks for the helpful reply!

JackL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have done this already, but try re-copying the files over to the server.  Maybe the FTP program (or whatever) may have hiccupped during the transfer.  I've had this happen a few times using my FTP program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

You are correct, and this is a big problem for us because ours is a two step process. We upload the files to a holding server, then click a deploy button that "moves-deploys-engages" the folders and files. And this HTML5 implementation creates multiple folders and subfolders, so our deploy methodology was suspect. However, I have performed the process at least three times with the same results, and again, everything works fine when I deploy on my private web server (www.thewoodshop.20m.com).

For this reason, I am concerned that perhaps there are IIS settings that are preventing the proper serving of the files. We had problems in the past with MIME settings where DHTML content was delivered fine to Safari / Chrome users, but no IE users. I am hoping for a similar simple solution.

Thanks again for your time and reply!

jackL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so when you open the course in Chrome, can you open the debug console (CTRL+SHIFT+J) or (CMND+SHIFT+J) and go to the console tab.  Do you see any errors in the console?  Maybe 404 (Not Found) error of any kind?  This would indicate missing files.  Try doing a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) or (CMND+F5) to get a clean read from the server vs. reloading from the browser cache.  See any other errors in the console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

Debug console shows the five index.html errors, it does not like the // comment lines. I debugged also from my site that is working, and of course, it shows the same errors.

.loadingBackground

{

//position:absolute;

//display:block;

background-color: #777777;

opacity: 0.5;

}

.loadingString

{

//width:100px;

//position:absolute;

color:#ffffff;

I edited out the comments, deployed, no difference.  It appears that the problem has to do with positioning of the objects. I need more time to evaluate the Captivate created HTML5...

jackl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're more concerned with javascript errors or possibly 404 - missing assets.  You can distinguish between warnings vs. actual errors by the icon and the text being red for an error. console.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I have same issue that after published HTML5 from Captivate 9, our web server won't load the course but SCORM Cloud site loaded.

I checked console and got the error message:

I would like to know if this is web server issue or..., and how to fix it so that it works in all web servers?

Browser used: IE 11 and Chrome

Thanks in advance.

misa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any success or solutions for this?  I'm having a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this HTML5 content is created with the current version of Captivate then your web server will need to be set up to allow the JSON mimetype.  This may be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

testing, I lost my account....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources