8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

AG-AC90 Elements 11?

Pujdo1

Is it possible to edit Panasonic AVCCAM  AG-AC90 footage in Premiere Elements 11?

• 1. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
          whsprague Level 4

Pujdo1 wrote:

Is it possible to edit Panasonic AVCCAM  AG-AC90 footage in Premiere Elements 11?

The specs tab at the B&H website say your camera's video format is "AVCHD version 2.0 compliant, AVCHD Progressive".

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=893072&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Adobe says "Premiere Elements supported import/export formats include: AVCHD, Blu-ray Disc (export only), DV-AVI (import/ export on Windows, import only on Mac OS), DVD, Dolby® Digital Stereo, H.264, HDV, MPEG-1 (import only), MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MP3, QuickTime, Windows Media (Windows only), and many more. Import/export of some formats may require activation via an Internet connection. Activation is fast, easy, and free."

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

My personal experience with another AVCHD Panasonic camcorder is that AVCHD 1080p60 works well with Premier Elements version 11 forward. 

Bill

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Pujdo1

Do you currently have Premiere Elements 11? And, if so, on what computer operating system is it running?

As for the Panasonic AG-AC90, what is your camera setting. It looks like the possibilities are:

1080 at 60 progressive frames per second

1080 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second (aka 60i)

1080 at 30 progressive frames per second

1080 at 24 progressive frames per second

and there is also one for

480 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second (aka 60i)

What are you using?

Another question, what is the file extension for your video? MP4 or other?

With the information requested above, we will recommended project preset for your Premiere Elements 11 project. One cannot always depend on the automatic project preset of Premiere Elements 11 or 12. Consequently, a manual set of the project preset may be necessary in these versions.

More later.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
              whsprague Level 4

A.T. Romano wrote:

........One cannot always depend on the automatic project preset of Premiere Elements 11 or 12. Consequently, a manual set of the project preset may be necessary in these versions.

You're making it far too complicated.  The OP does not need to answer all those questions.

My experience, and the experiece of others with Panasonic AVCHD camcorders, is that the preferred (best quality) setting is 1080p60 and yields .m2ts files.

They import easily into PrE 11 and slide on to the timeline picking a proper project setting. 

Bill

• 4. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Pujod1

The questions that I asked are most appropriate for the thread that you started and for the limited information that you supplied.

I have been troubleshooting Premiere Elements issues since about 2005 and have a high success rate in what I do.

I am looking forward to helping you succeed in your workflow. So, looking forward to your reply to what I posted in post #2

Pujdo1

Do you currently have Premiere Elements 11? And, if so, on what computer operating system is it running?

As for the Panasonic AG-AC90, what is your camera setting. It looks like the possibilities are:

1080 at 60 progressive frames per second

1080 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second (aka 60i)

1080 at 30 progressive frames per second

1080 at 24 progressive frames per second

and there is also one for

480 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second (aka 60i)

What are you using?

Another question, what is the file extension for your video? MP4 or other?

With the information requested above, we will recommended project preset for your Premiere Elements 11 project. One cannot always depend on the automatic project preset of Premiere Elements 11 or 12. Consequently, a manual set of the project preset may be necessary in these versions.

More later.

ATR

ATR

• 5. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
                  Pujdo1 Level 1

Hi A.T. Romano,

Thanks for your answer.

My question was with limited info simply beacuse I am in procces of buying a new camera and I have to match it with editing software i have.

It seems to me that AG AC 90 is intriguing enough.

So when I get the camera (and actually do something with it),  I´ll have more info.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

P.S

Yes it is PE 11 and OS 10.6.8

• 6. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
                    Pujdo1 Level 1

Thanks for your answer. It helps with my Camera buying decision.

• 7. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
                      Pujdo1 Level 1

Hi whsprague!

Thanks for your answer. It helps with my camera-shopping decision.

• 8. Re: AG-AC90 Elements 11?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Pujdo1

Thanks for the follow up.

We are eager for you to succeed and will go the extra mile to help you do so.

We are looking forward to further developments. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance in your planned Premiere Elements workflow.

ATR