2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2013 6:30 AM by summazing3

Problem with buttons and mouseovers playing & stoping the same symbols

summazing3 Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 image mouse overs that have nested symbols.

If you mouse over one, the first symbols timeline saturates the image, and moves it down. The second symbols timeline plays and makes the image cycle through different pictures. On mouse off, the slideshow stops, the image desaturates and moves up. This works really good!

I have a few buttons below them and when you press one, makes one of the images saturate and move it down.

BUT when I hover over the image, (after clicking the button), it snaps back up, and then moves back down.

I'm not sure why it does that...I want the image to stay down and cycle through the images!

Any idea how to fix this?

Here are the source files: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17968737/problem_v2.zip

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I feel like I'm really close to making this work!

Thanks,

Erik

• 1. Re: Problem with buttons and mouseovers playing & stoping the same symbols
          AMULI Level 4

Hi Erik,

When you have a problematic file, you should post a simplified version of it (get rid of everything secondary), give descriptive IDs to all of your elements and symbols, in short do the maximum to facilitate the understanding… or you will discourage people to help you

It took me a while to understand your question. And indeed there is a bug in your question ! The problem you emphasize doesn't happen when you hover over the image, but when you click anew on the text. And that's perfectly normal as your click event handler rewinds all the symbols

var all = sym.getChildSymbols();

for (var i=0; i < all.length; i++) {

all[i].stop(0);

}

so that aff1 which is in its down state after a first click is reset to its up state, before moving down again :

sym.getSymbol("aff1").play();

I suggest you use a debug tool (Firebug for example) and place console.log() statements in your code to understand the flow of execution. See post 10 of that tread : http://forums.adobe.com/message/5669043#5669043

And if this isn't sufficient, the next step is step by step execution and watching for variable values.

Gil

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with buttons and mouseovers playing & stoping the same symbols
            summazing3 Level 1

Great suggestions, thank you Gil. I actually figured out an answer myself. Thanks again for your help!