3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2008 3:32 AM by Greg Dove

A tricky effect

Venian Level 2
      Hello.

On the following link you will see the effect i want to build:
      http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/virtualmaster/de3/modelle/Tigua n.html?csref=home-modellnavi-tiguan

I thought of several options, but none was good enough to do this right. The effect is at the top. I want to build that sliding effect between the two opposite movieclips. And that with the bottons.
      Thank you.
        • 1. Re: A tricky effect
          Greg Dove Level 4
          I guess there's a few ways it could be done.What ways did you already try?

The simplest way I can think of would be the two images and two separate masks.
          The way that would work conceptually is using two masks that are script tweened in sync with easing. One getting wider and the other getting narrower depending on the mouse direction. If you've not done script based tweening and scripted masks before then you should search for some tutorials for those topics to get familiar with them.

• 2. Re: A tricky effect
            Venian Level 2
            Yes. You're right. That should work. Thanks. Indeed i haven't made any tweening and easing through AS, but i will figure it out. Thanks a lot.
            • 3. A tricky effect
              Greg Dove Level 4
              No problem. You're welcome. Flash has the regular Tween class which you can look up in the help or livedocs. But there are a number of others as well that are available elsewhere that many people choose in preference.
              One I like is the 'zigo' engine at mosessupposes.com - its part of the Fusekit. You might want to check that out too (there are other tweening kits however and its really a matter of personal preference which one you choose).