3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2013 8:36 AM by nealeh

premiere elements 10

John Movies

Priemiere elements has suddenly stopped working. Not showing video from the timeline - just a grey screen.  On reinstall it refused to load shared technologies.  The problems first started when I lost the art fonts. What has gone wrong.  Want to upgrade to Adobe 12 but affraid that this will not load properly.  Has something happened to my system?  Have tried installing with firewall off - makes no difference and problems still persist.

• 1. Re: premiere elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you gone to the nVidia or ATI web sites and ensured you have the latest drivers for your video card? Have you got the latest version of Quicktime?

What operating system are you using? If you are on a Windows computer, have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have even the non-critical updates? Often  the automatic updates cause something to stop working and updating the non-critical or hidden updates fixes this.

• 2. Re: premiere elements 10
            John Movies Level 1

Hi Steve,

Have updated nVidia driver for GeForce 700 Video Card also got all Windows updates.  Have ensured that the latest version of Quicktime is installed.  Reinstalled PE 10 and still have a problem - no picture in the monitor screen, just a grey screen.  No video when I open a scene in the task panel - just white.  Computer has a Intel Core 7i processor 2600K CPU with 8.00 GB Memory.  Running Windows 7 Home Premium - service pack 1.

Software initially installed OK, purchased 12 months ago - current problem has just arisen in the last 3 days.  Have tried restores and reinstallations.  Also use Ccleaner to mentain the system.  Are there any known problems with the latest Quicktime update as that occured recently and when checking Quicktime, as you suggested, the installed underwent a repair of existing files!  Did not solve my problem with PE10 however.  Any further suggestions?

• 3. Re: premiere elements 10
              nealeh Level 5

Download the PRE12 trial and install it. Before you do so though use Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open task manager (assuming Windows) and close down dynamiclinkmanager.exe and elementsanalyzer.exe.

If you have any of Adobe's Creative Cloud products installed make sure you have updated to the most recent version of the cloud client software.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children