7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 12:03 PM by kulpreet singh

Screen Glitch / Scramble

nathangrubbs

I'm working on a multicam project and am running into issues with the screen glitching out and then either just Premiere quits or sometimes it locks up the whole computer.

The first few times the glitch happened I was exporting out and about halfway through the export (a few hours in) the screen glitched out and it locked up. Now it is happening just randomly while editing normally. I do have the footage slightly color corrected with MB Looks, plus MB Denoiser on a few angles.

The project I'm working on is a 20 camera multicam with a mix of about half ProRes 4422(HQ) footage and half Canon DSLR. I'm not sure if it's my video card glitching out, or I'm just giving the computer more than it can handle. I do have iStat menu running and the system never looks too taxed when this happens, so it's a bit of a mystery to me. I've attached a few pics below of what the glitch looks like for reference.

I recently made the full switch to Premiere from FCP. I've been working in Premiere for a few years off and on, but nothing major so i'm not super familiar with it yet. Though I have been a FCP editor for 10+ years and done very similar projects easily.

Thanks!

My system:

27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7

24GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

Premiere CC

OS X 10.8.5

Promise Thunderbolt Raid

Glitch-2.jpg

Glitch-1.jpg