2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 10:42 AM by AndrewMathieu

Object Export Options...

AndrewMathieu

Would anyone know an easy way to access Object Export Options found in the Object menu of InDesign using a script?

More specifically, we currently have a script with a dialogue that adds alt text to images in a document and has other features that are almost identical to the InDesign Object Export Options feature, but with slight differences.  We are trying to synchronize so that when a user adds an alt text thru our dialogue using our script, that the alt text will be changed automaticly specifically under Custom heading in the Object Export Options.

I have found a similar example, at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5688491, but not quite what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Object Export Options...
          AnshulJain19 Adobe Employee

Hi Andrew,

Do you need a script that will apply Alt Text as Custom type in Object Export Options for images in a document. Please find below script which does same thing:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

myGraphics = app.activeDocument.allGraphics;

myTotalGraphics = myGraphics.length;

for(var i=0; i<myTotalGraphics; i++)

{     

myGraphics[i].parent.objectExportOptions.altTextSourceType = SourceType.SOURCE_CUSTOM;

myGraphics[i].parent.objectExportOptions.customAltText = "Graphic Number : " + i;

}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

Thanks

-Anshul

• 2. Re: Object Export Options...
            AndrewMathieu Level 1

Thanks for the help Anshul.  Yes this worked.  Slight modifications to this code, but I was able to achieved the desired behaviour.

Thanks,

Andrew