• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Event ID 80 SideBySide

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the below error while trying to open Dreamweaver though the application runs alright. The errors started to appear after the CC update. Could someone please suggest me how to fix these issues.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SatheeshA,

Have you installed some "Windows Updates" lately? If yes, then this issue is most probably happening due to the updates. We have had exactly same issues reported by other customers (with same Windows event logs).

Please follow the steps mentioned below and see if you get a resolution to your issue:

1. Uninstall Dreamweaver CC

2. Do a "System Restore" on your Windows machine back to somewhere in early/mid JULY (if that's available) or earlier.

3. Install Dreamweaver CC and then update to latest version 13.1 build # 6443

4. Optional - If you wish, you can install the available Windows Updates.

Please let us know if you still face this issue.

Thanks,

Arindam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me to since a Windows Update on Sept 11th. I'm not going to restore to that time because it is too far back, but it is clear that it is something to do with the update. However Windows updates are necessary, So I hope Adobe fixes this soon.

My report is exactly the same:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this issue since I reinstalled Dreamweaver a few days ago, after the Dreamweaver update. Also my taskbar icon will not display, but my desktop shortcut does. I tried dragging the desktop icon to my taskbar to pin (Windows7 x64 Pro) and it still shows no icon, just a default missing icon.

What is going on with Dreamweaver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TDRonline,

Did you try the solution suggested by Arindam?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also still waiting for a solution to this, the solution suggested by Arindam doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. I am checking with Arindam to see if I can get additional inputs for you. You might have to wait a bit as he is back in office on Monday. Meanwhile, I will try asking other people as well.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran. Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv8kiwi,

I am on it. Will update this post as soon as I have some information.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Arindam, Tried according to your instructions but still the errors are coming up. Also tried Re-Installing complete Adobe suite and no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unfortunately, at this moment, this is the only solution we have for this issue. We will try to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Arindam Ghosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is the only solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first reply to SatheeshA is the solution that has worked for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok. Can't do that. Too far in the past for system restore. I doubt if that would work for any users going forward. Like me people will only discover the error when they see the error log and they don't look very often. If they find it now they'll see it stretching back to July. So I think there needs to be a fix. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is serious and needs to be fixed. It slows the system and DW, and seems to be affecting MS Outlook 2007 when DW is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv8kiwi,

From what I understand, we have logged a bug for this issue and it is going to be fixed in the next update.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be good. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe! THIS IS SERIOUS AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED. It is causing my system to freeze and the only way to shut down is switching off the power, ctrl-alt-del and task manager also frozen. This is UNACCEPTABLE behaviour in Windows. The only thing showing in the event log are multiple instances of this error before the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I can suggest is to uninstall it for the time being. I had too because it locks up my system when that side-by-side error shows up. It is a big issue when in Photoshop and going back and forth to DW, I've just had it and uninstalled and install Bracket instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Might just have to uninstall till I hear about a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still experiencing this issue -any idea when it will be resolved?

Windows 7 here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still waiting. Having to use other software. I will soon be testing a promising replacement to Dreamweaver. Come on Adobe, don't make us do that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Can you please try out the below mentioned 2 possible workarounds (try workaround 1 first since it is easier):

Workaround 1:

1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29
  2. Restart your system
  3. Launch Dreamweaver CC

Workaround 2:

1. Open "Windows Explorer" and go to "<Installation drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC"
  2. Make a backup of "Dreamweaver.exe"
  3. Download and install "Resource Tuner" from this link: http://www.restuner.com/download.htm
  4. Launch "Resource Tuner"
  5. Go to menu "File -> Open File..."
  6. Browse to "<Installation drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC" and select "Dreamweaver.exe"
  7. Click "Open"
  8. On the left-hand-side, expand "Manifest"
  9. Select the file displayed under "Manifest"
  10. Click the "Resource Editor" button
  11. Locate the following section (please note that the value for "publicKeyToken" may vary) <dependency><dependentAssembly><assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"></assemblyIdentity></dependentAssembly></dependency>
  12. Select and delete the entire section as in previous step
  13. Click OK
  14. Click Yes (for the confirmation dialog)
  15. Go to menu "File -> Save File As..."
  16. Keep the name as "Dreamweaver.exe" and click "Save"
  17. Click Yes (for the confirmation dialog)
  18. Close "Resource Tuner"
  19. Launch Dreamweaver CC

Please let us know if this workaround works for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Arindam Ghosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - happens to both Dreamweaver CC and Photoshop CC

I did both workarounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines