6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2013 10:32 AM by Jim_Simon

Premiere Pro CC has stuttery playback in the Timeline

CC_Constant Can'ts

My computer doesn't play my footage without stuttering.

Along the same lines, if I want to simply place the cursor at a different point on the timeline while the timeline is stopped, it may take 30 seconds before it actually moves the video to that point (what is displayed in the program monitor). Then if I hit the space bar to start it playing, it is the same type of long delay.

• 1. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder
          CC_Constant Can'ts Level 1

HP Z820 (dual six core 2.9ghz intel, 48gb ram, AMD Radeon Firepro 7900, win7)

Graphics and win drivers are up to date and there is no built up cache

I am also now struggling to simply update the adobe stuff. The update is needed literally every other day it seems which is really frustrating. Lately I'll get the bubble pop up stating that an adobe cloud update is available. I'll click to update, it will say initializing updater, the adobe creative desktop will open (again) and then it will all go away and the bubble will appear again saying there is an update available. "this is the song that never ends . . ."

• 2. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder
            Jim_Simon Level 8

You've got three issues there.  For the updates, try posting over here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud?view=discussions

We'll skip the 30 second delay for now and look at the stuttering.  But more details are needed first.  Read the questions carefully, and answer them all.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder

Adobe Premiere CC v 7.0.1 (105)

Windows 7 Professional with service pack 1

HP z820 workstation

2 - Intel Xeon CPU E5-2667 0 @2.9 Ghz

48 Gb ram

64 bit processors

AMD FirePro V7900 (Fire GLV) with driver 12.104.2.0

Footage originally shot on Sony Z5u in HDV M2t and digitized using Cineform Neo4K version 5.3.1.304

Timelines were originally started in Adobe PP CS5 and then moved over to this computer and opened in CC (which of course then created the new file)

I'm not getting any errors

It happens on simple play even when set to 1/4 resolution

It has pretty much always done that since moving to CC however it is also on a different computer so that question isn't real relavent

Other software running would be: Adobe help manager, CC updater, Catalyst Control Center for graphics card (in the processes), GoPro/CineForm Status Viewer, and some others in the processes. Only actual software opened would be Adobe

No 3rd party things except the Cineform viewer which is GoPro CineForm Studio v 1.2.0

Mercury Playback isn't supported with this graphics card

Have not attempted to output but I would put money on it exporting just fine.

• 4. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder
                Jim_Simon Level 8

OK, I can see two potential issues.  First is opening an older project in CC.  There have been many cases of this giving people grief, which is one of the reasons we recommend only starting new projects in the new software, and finishing old projects in the same version they were started in.

The second is Cineform.  Your system should be just fine with the original media, no need to convert.

So, as a test I'm going to recommend starting a new project in Premiere Pro CC and import some of the original captured media.  Once we eliminate those two possible issues, how does the media play?

• 5. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder

I started a new timeline and dropped in some of the files. It does the same thing which in theory rules that out. I can't drop in the original M2t files because I don't have them. The content was digitized through Cineform. However, Cineform should be more than acceptible to use in Adobe. I originally tried the HDV files and ran into all sorts of issues where the video and audio wouldn't track together. I worked to troubleshoot for a good long time before I simply had to have something that worked. HDV wasn't it. When I went to cineform, my issues seemed to go away - until trying to use it on this computer I guess?

• 6. Re: PP CC plays timeline with studder
                    Jim_Simon Level 8

I can't drop in the original M2t files because I don't have them.

Recapture.  Go out and shoot some junk footage if you have to.  We want to take Cineform out of the equation.