2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2013 9:26 PM by RealAnise

Unanswered questions about EXACTLY can and can't be done with Cinema 4D lite?

RealAnise

Hey all,

So I've looked over all the info I could find about C4D Lite in relation to AE CC, but it just seems to me that there a few questions that aren't answered.

Can we create a 3D object in C4D L and then use it in ANOTHER context, outside of AE? The app itself can't be opened outside AE, but what about the objects that are created in it? Do they "exist" independently? Can I take an object and open it in Poser 9, for example? (This can be done with anything created in regular C4D.)

and

Does the lite version work with the regular C4D Poser plugin? (I think I kind of can guess what the answer most likely is to this one, but it doesn't hurt to ask...)

Thanks to anyone who knows!

• 1. Re: Unanswered questions about EXACTLY can and can't be done with Cinema 4D lite?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can launch C4D lite from inside AE, save the project files, yes they are completely independent, and use the project files in any app that will open C4D project files. You can also import several types of 3D project files to C4D L and texture them or apply plug-ins. You can purchase other C4d plugins and add them.

There is a lot of info on the Maxon site which you can find from the C4D L help files.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unanswered questions about EXACTLY can and can't be done with Cinema 4D lite?
            RealAnise Level 1

Thanks-- I really appreciate hearing from someone who knows! There is not a video on Youtube, a discussion on any board I have been able to find, or an article I have seen anywhere that explains these simple things. They're *also* not in the Maxon comparison charts of C4D regular and lite, and they really get into details on other things. Nor is any of this in the Maxon FAQ. Honestly, I don't think it should be so hard to find all this out... but at least it's somewhere in the help files, and thanks again for the pointer!