• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorising old products on a new account?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to create a new adobe digital editions account because I have moved to another country and can't change my address on my old account, and I can't seem to authorise more than one account on my computer. (for whatever reason thanks adobe) This leaves me with a slight problem that I have a pile of books on my old account that I can no longer access because they are registered to my old account and I can't therefore read them on my new one....

So basically I have a pile of digital books I can't read any more... Does anyone have a suggestion here? I can't de-authorise my computer and have it on an open authorisation so anything can go on it. I cant seem to add both accounts... Unless I can find some help here I'll go begging to the publisher to see if they can comp me some new copies of those already purchased (which I don't want to do because its unfair to them as I've paid for the copies I have) At the same time I don't want to fork out however much cash it is to buy new copies of them all..

Rambling sorry, just pretty annoyed.

Any one know what might work to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typical.

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee while you have the computer authorized to your old ID.

Then change authorization to your new one.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Just don't abuse the capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines