1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 5:00 AM by sjpt

Authorising old products on a new account?

ColoursFaid

I have had to create a new adobe digital editions account because I have moved to another country and can't change my address on my old account, and I can't seem to authorise more than one account on my computer. (for whatever reason thanks adobe) This leaves me with a slight problem that I have a pile of books on my old account that I can no longer access because they are registered to my old account and I can't therefore read them on my new one....

So basically I have a pile of digital books I can't read any more... Does anyone have a suggestion here? I can't de-authorise my computer and have it on an open authorisation so anything can go on it. I cant seem to add both accounts... Unless I can find some help here I'll go begging to the publisher to see if they can comp me some new copies of those already purchased (which I don't want to do because its unfair to them as I've paid for the copies I have) At the same time I don't want to fork out however much cash it is to buy new copies of them all..

Rambling sorry, just pretty annoyed.

Any one know what might work to resolve this?

• 1. Re: Authorising old products on a new account?
          sjpt Level 4

Typical.

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee while you have the computer authorized to your old ID.

Then change authorization to your new one.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Just don't abuse the capability.