3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 11:52 AM by A.T. Romano

Two questions about photos

Jollestudio Level 1

I remember on other editing softwares using zooming and a sort of "sweeping" from left ro right etc. over photos. Is that possible with this program?

Also, how do you pre-set how long the photos are going to be (this is for a different purpose, but thought I'd go ahead and ask about this as well), say if you're making a stop motion video. It's very time consuming to adjust the time for each photo.

Help with either of these two is very appreciated.

• 1. Re: Two questions about photos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jollestudio

With the questions that you ask, you put us at a disadvantage by not saying at the onset what version of Premiere Elements that you are using and on what computer operating system it is running. Or, is it that you do not have any version of Premiere Elements at the present time?

So, we shall generalize for now...

You wrote...

how do you pre-set how long the photos are going to be (this is for a different purpose, but thought I'd go ahead and ask about this as well), say if you're making a stop motion video. It's very time consuming to adjust the time for each photo.

1. Set Edit Menu/Preferences/General and set "Still Image Default Duration" BEFORE you import your photos into the project

2. Import photos, set duration of one with Time Stretch...then select that one, Edit Menu/Copy, select the rest Edit Menu/Paste Effects and Adjustments if you are in Premiee Elements 11.

3. If you are after a 1 frame photo duration for all visit the concept of Numbered Stills.

Here are links to some of my blog posts which cover the points that you seem to be interested in.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-time-lapse-video-basics.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe-numbered-stills-in-time-lapse-and.html

editing softwares using zooming and a sort of "sweeping" from left ro right etc. over photos

I suspect you are talking about pan and zooming. If so, Premiere Elements 11 has

a. Pan and Zoom Tool

b. Effects/Presets for pan OR zoom

c. Keyframing of the Motion/Scale (Zoom) and Position (Pan).

Please review and then detail if you have further questions. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Two questions about photos
            Jollestudio Level 1

Sorry, I'm using Premiere Elements 9.

Windows 7.

So does that still apply then? If so I'm still not sure where you find those settings ( the "a", "b" and "c" ones)

Also, it would actually be easier if it was all in english. I now have it in my native language. How do I change it? Cause I can't figure out what you mean with the "Still Image Default Duration" etc when I have it in my language.

• 3. Re: Two questions about photos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jollestudio

Except for the a. Pan and Zoom Tool, everything else that I wrote seems applicable.

b. Edit Header/Effects/change the Video Effects category to "Presets"

c. Highlight your clip, go to Properties Palette/Motion Panel expanded and use the Toggle Animation icon (looks like stop watch to keyframe Scale (for Zoom) and Position (for Pan). Keyframing here means varying the scale and or position across the duration of the clip rather than the scale and/or position levels applying to the whole.

See if this helps to locate "Still Image Default Duration"

Duration.JPG

The only way that I know of to change the language for your program is to deactivate from within the program (Help Menu/Deactivate, close out of the program, uninstall, reinstall selecting your preferred language)

Also as a general backup reference, you might want to check out the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Help PDF.

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/premiereelements/9/premiereelements_9_help.pdf.

Please let us know if any of the above helped. Please excuse anything that I included that you are already aware of. I did not want to take anything for granted.

Thank you.

ATR