1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2013 5:19 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Photoshop CS6 saving slowly

erinsue1

I just purchased a new computer - an HP h8-1360t with an intel i7-3770 core, 10 gigs of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 graphics card.  I have a solid state hard drive as my start up and scratch disk with a separate hard drive for files.

Everything is running very quickly in photoshop with the exception of saving my files.  I'm working on  photographs (around 3000x5000 pixels).  I use lightroom first, then open in photoshop, adding maybe 10-15 layers.  When I go to save, it takes a minute or so.  I know it's not long, but it's the slowest part of my workflow, and when editing many images it really adds to the overal time.  Is there something I can do to make this process faster?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 saving slowly
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

If this is happening with PSD files, you could try going to Preferences > File handling and click to check 'Disable compression of PSD and PSB'.  The resulting files will be larger, but there is less system overhead and it tends to be quicker.

How many drives do you have, and what are your scratch space settings?