5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 9:15 PM by Kai Staats

Premiere Pro crashing constantly while working with stills & exporting

tvisbad

I've been using Premiere Pro for a few months now, after being a loyal FCP user (since version 1.2!) and for the most part it's been a relatively painless transition.

This latest project is killing me though. There's a lot of stills and they seem to be causing PP to crash. I cannot get anything done. Cannot even export my timeline, from Encoder, or directly through PP.

My sequence is just about 5 minutes long and has about 15 JPG photos with moderate pan and scan. I keep getting "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project" message.

I'm running a MBP Retina. 2.7GHz Intel Core i7. 16GB 1600 MHz Ram. V 10.8.5. The problem exists whether my project file is saved to local or external drive. I've run the most recent Adobe updates, so it's Premiere 6.0.5

Is it possible there's something strange about the way the photos have been prepped? Most of them are straight from the client. But I tried running some through PSD to re-save. That hasn't helped but maybe I'm missing something… This is pretty frustrating. Any clues?

The sequence settings match the source footage (straight from Canon 7D mov files). Is there some known issue with stills that I don't know about? Thanks.