Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp7 no password protect

Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Cp7. I've migrated all my Cp6 projects but now I have this problem: all the passowrd protected projects ask to enter the password, which is correct, but after I enter the correct password, the project just moves to the 1st slide and stays there. If I take the password protection off everything works PERFECT. I never had this problem with Cp6???? please help

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Found the answer:   migrating from Cp5 projects to Cp7 DOES cause this problem I don't know the reason why, it may be a scripting problem.

migrating from Cp6 to Cp7 does NOT cause any problem and I can keep my password protection.   thank u Lord 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the answer:   migrating from Cp5 projects to Cp7 DOES cause this problem I don't know the reason why, it may be a scripting problem.

migrating from Cp6 to Cp7 does NOT cause any problem and I can keep my password protection.   thank u Lord 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody provide any ideas on what may cause this for native Captivate7 projects?  I've created a fifty-question quiz (using one of the provided templates, and "random question" slides drawing from a question bank) that I need to password protect so that the test materials are not compromised.  Everything works fine until I add password protection.  At that point, it freezes on the first slide, and seems to continue to cycle through the rest of the slides in the background without showing them, or pausing for the student to select the answers or submit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2016 May 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain this is ONLY the result of adding Password Protection?

As a test...What happens if you move all of your quiz questions OUT of the question pools and back into the main project?

Does it show this same behaviour?

Is the 'template' you mention also one updated from an earlier Captivate version?  If so, you may have some component in there that is no longer compatible with your version of Captivate.  (e.g some widget, text animation widget, or other SWF animation that is AS2 and not AS3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Positive that it results from adding Password Protection.  Removing the checkmark from that option allow movement past the "introduction slide" and expected stops at each question slide.

Haven't tried to move questions out of the question pool.  The only slides in the main project are the introduction slide, 50 random question slides and the grading slide at the end.  The same project worked once, and published fine, but I needed to change the password for the deployment of the test.  Since then, I've had this issue.

The template is one included in version 7.  We had no templates in 5.5 (our previous version), and the project was created in 7 without ever touching 5.5 again.

I'm at the end of my rope with this one <g>.  One of my co-workers suggested a method to store the expected password in the external HTML code (with some advanced action magic), but that's in no way secure.

Thanks for replying, RodWard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  So if Password Protection is turned on, are you seeing any box or popup window that would allow your users to enter a password?

If not, then perhaps THAT is why everything stops at the first slide.  The Captivate content is waiting for the end user to input a password and until they do it's not allowing anything else to happen.  If this is the reason, perhaps you're just not seeing that password input box.  Search around to see if it is perhaps sitting in a window BEHIND your content and you cannot see it.  Perhaps you have popup blockers turned off in your browser and that is interfering with it.

If none of these things applies, by all means log a bug with Adobe, but I can assure you they'd only be interested in fixing something if it is also present in Captivate 9.

In any case, I would have to say that securing access to content by doing the authentication in the actual Captivate content is not really the best way to do it.  You should be looking at having the security built into the layers ABOVE the content. I.e making the user log into the website or LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this response, RodWard.  I've been on vacation, so this project has sat idle in my absence.

The password entry box appears, and is authenticated, as expected with the title page. The project continues on to the instructions page, which is where things go awry.

I'll let this drop and look for alternatives, but thanks for the attempts at assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources