2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 2:52 AM by gopaljay78

Editing the image with "Edit With" option in ID CS5

gopaljay78 Level 1

Hi,

In InDesign document I am having many mathtype equations.  When I use the "Edit Original" option through Javascript, it opens in Preview applicaition.

In Indesign (on right click option), there is one menu called "Edit With". From this I can able to select the application from which the equations can be edited.

Is it possible to invoke this menu through Javascript, so that the equation can be directly opened in Mathtype application for editing. Please guide me on this.

Thanks,

Gopal

• 1. Re: Editing the image with "Edit With" option in ID CS5
          csm_phil Level 4

Hi gopaljay78,

If you double click the equation its will open automatically in Mac "Preview applicaition" in Windows "Image Preview". Once you set the always open with (Change to all) the math type equation in Math type application only. After double click the equation its open math type then your setting is correctly.

You try this methods its working windows also mac. After you can open a euqation via script this line "app.activeDocument.links[0].editOriginal();"

thx,

csm_phil.

• 2. Re: Editing the image with "Edit With" option in ID CS5
            gopaljay78 Level 1

Thanks csm_phil for your reply. This really helps me.

Also, could you do one more help.

If I edit the mathtype equations through Javascript, and when the Mathtype equation window is closed, is it possible to capture the closing event in the javascript.

Thanks,

Gopal