35 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 7:59 AM by A.T. Romano

PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES

perplexed123

I am having issues with this software when editing and attempting to burn a DVD. I have been able to use this software in the past, but it has been awhile since the last time I usede it.

Most recently when using the software to edit or add media the software would freeze and the screen would lighten and the cursor would swirl in a circle. Then a screen woul pop up and ask me slect to close program or wait. I simply click close and reopen the saved file and keep going. The amount of time and the particular thing I would be doing at this time seemed to vary before locking up. The PC seems to be fine. So, I just had to reopen software and saved file.

Although, 100% of the time when I try to burn a DVD I get a BLUE SREEEN crash after 95% completed of "encoding media". Although, I was able to burn the file to the PC by selecting "Folder 4.7gb" without any trouble.

I am at a loss at what is causing these problems. Any ideas on what I sould check or do?

Here is some informtion on my system:

• Using Photoshop Premere Elements 8 with the update installed.
      • Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit.
      • 8Gb RAM.
      • Several hundred Gb free space on hard drive.
      • AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Processor
      • Sapphire HD 5770 video card
        • 1. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sounds like you have a hardware problem... Read Bill Hunt on BSOD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/772169

If you are able to send your DVD output to a hard drive folder, and then burn that folder to DVD... do that

• 2. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
            perplexed123 Level 1

@ John.....Thanks for the input.      What hardware would you suspect to faulty?

So, if I send the entire contents in the "folder" to the DVD it will be formatted the same way as if I did it in one step. Meaning, it will play correctly in a DVD player?

• 3. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
              the_wine_snob Level 9

For hardware issues, this is the general order that I would attack the troubleshooting:

1. CPU - Central Processor Unit
              2. RAM - Random Access Memory
              3. HDD's - Hard Disk Drives
              4. GPU - Graphics Processor Unit
              5. PSU - Power Supply Unit
              6. MoBo - Motherboard

• Things to look for would be heat buildup - could be as simple as dust, or more complex such as the entire cooling system.
              • Bad connections
              • Failing components
              • For RAM - failing modules, mis-matched modules, poor seating of modules
              • For PSU - too weak for the power draw

In the article, to which John T. linked, there are some utilities, that will help pinpoint the issue.

One of the problems, when just making general observations is that some of those components do not show the stress, under general computing, and the faults do not manifest themselves, until the components get taxed. As an example when RAM is the point of the problem is that many simple computer programs do not use all of the RAM modules. It could be that only programs, like PrE, and then, possibly only when performing certain intensive tasks, such as authoring and burning to a DVD/BD, will require all RAM modules, and apply a heavy load on those. Same for the CPU, the GPU and the HDD's.

When doing troubleshooting on a system, experiencing a BSOD, I start with heat buildup, and monitor that under load. Then move on through the system, pretty much the order above.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Now, regarding the second question:

Authoring and burning a DVD-Video is the same, whether you Burn to Folder, or Burn to Disc. In the first, there is one step omitted, at that point. The program does all of the work to create the VIDEO_TS folder, with necessary files. This is done in the destination folder specified. With the former, that is where the process stops. With the latter, one more step is included - that VIDEO_TS folder is physically Burned to the blank medium, then the VIDEO_TS folder and files, on the HDD are removed.

If the Burn to Folder completes, with no shut down, then you can test the output VIDEO_TS folder with a DVD-Video software player. If that works/plays, then one can use a burning utility, such as ImgBurn, to do the physical Burn to Disc. However, the really intensive process is in the Transcoding of the Timeline to the necessary MPEG-2 AV file. That taxes the system at an extreme level. That process is necessary for either of the DVD-Video output schemes, so if one fails, it is likely at that step, so it would likely fail either way. Still, doing the Burn to Folder is a good first "test."

I would start by downloading and installing SpeedFan, or similar, and monitoring the heat buildup in the CPU, the GPU and the HDD's. If you see those temps going way up, that is likely the cause. Cleaning everything well is a first step, and then adding more, or higher-efficiency fans, would be #2. Then, if the heat is still there, checking the heatsinks on the CPU and GPU would be #3, at least for me.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

It would be a idea first to go through the essentials specific to Premiere Elements 8. You may have been through this drill before, but let us revisit it to be sure that everything that was still is.

a. Are you running Premiere Elements 8 as the 8.0.1 Update version?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

Check under Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/General to make sure that there is no check mark next to

the option for the automatic Background Rendering. This option should have been shut off by the 8.0.1 Update.

Do you have the AutoAnalyzer options turned off. See Elements Organizer 8 workspace, Edit Menu/

Preferences, Auto-Analyzer options. Make sure those options are all turned off. This shut off needs to be done by you. This is a major grabber of resources and can be the leading candidate for the cause of the problem.

Also, under Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/General, determine results with the Enable GPU Playback on or off. Do you have a GPU video card?

Let us give those basics a look and then we can move on to computer considerations based on these initial factors being ruled in or out.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                    perplexed123 Level 1

Bill & ATR,

Thank you both for the detailed replies!

First, let me try and address some of your questions.

1. When I checked to to see what version I have using: "About Adobe Premere Elements" it says 8.0. If I click "updates" is says "none available" and when I manually downloaded your link and try to install the update it states "already up to date". So, I must conclude that I have 8.0.1 only because it won't let me update it.

2. After burning the video to the "folder", I was able to burn it to a DVD without any trouble and it plays okay.

3. I installed speed fan and will monitor whats going on if\ when it crashes again.

4. Automatic background rendering was checked. I unchecked it.

5. "Enable GPU" was checked. I unchecked it.

6. I could not find the "Auto-Analyzer" feature as decribed. So, I am not sure if its checked or not? See pic for my menu options. Please clarify.IMG_20130930_220448_451.jpg

7. I have Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 PCI graphic card. I think that is a GPU video card. Not sure?

8. I pulled the cover of PC and I do have a good deal of cat hair and dust clogging the CPU & Video heat sink and fan grills inside. I am planning to do a thourogh cleaning and retry burning a DVD.

• 7. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

Let us go after those AutoAnalyzer options to make sure that they are not involved.

In the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 workspace, click on the Organizer Tab in the row below the select Organize header.

That will open the Elements Organizer.

In the Elements Organizer, go to the Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options and make sure that all of them are turned off.

In order to get back to the Premiere Elements workspace from the Elements Organizer workspace, in the Elements Organizer workspace, go to File Menu/Exit.

One quick way of trying to determine GPU or no GPU for your video display card,.....in Premiere Elements workspace, go to the Edit Header/Effects/ and see if you see a category there for GPU Effects listed among the other categories. Do the same for Edit Header/Transitions/ and see if you see a category for GPU Transitions listed among the other categories. If they are there, then use the Preferences "Enable GPU Playback" with a check mark next to it.

Definitely clean up the computer file wise and other wise.

More later.

ATR

• 8. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news!

ATR has handled the Auto Analyzer and Background Rendering.

Do clean everything, and check that all fans are operational. Heat is the enemy of the CPU and GPU, so a clean, open airway, around those, with all fans working properly, is paramount.

My full tower case workstation has 6 additional fans installed, giving me a total of 10. Two are in addition to my CPU and GPU fans, and are specialized to feed air across those. For my laptop, I use a Zalman Cooler Pad, though that computer is on a slatted teak table, with plenty of space to assist air flow - I add even more air flow with that cooler pad.

As an addition, should heat NOT be the culprit, and you encounter a BSOD later, in that article, that John T. Smith linked to, beyond the hardware issues listed, there is one other major cause for a BSOD, and that is a bad low-level driver. That article goes into detail on tracking down such an issue, via researching the Windows Event Viewer. If Speedfan is not showing heat, you have checked out the RAM, the PSU, etc., and all are good, then follow the steps to track down that BSOD, and probably through that Event Viewer's Log.

In very specific terms, an Adobe program cannot directly cause a BSOD - BUT, it CAN stress the system, to the point that something else DOES cause the BSOD. It is not the Adobe program, but some weakness that is stressed beyond what it is capable of. The Adobe program might also call for a bad low-level driver, that most other programs do not call. As heat and mechanical problems, and then low-level drivers, are the prime causes for BSOD, those areas are where I look first.

Last, with the problems that you have recently encountered, you might want to take a moment, go to the AMD/ATI Web site, and check for driver updates for your Radeon card, and your particular OS version. If you do not have the latest video driver installed, download and install that.

Glad that the Project HAS been burned to DVD, so that part is good.

Good luck and happy editing,

Hunt

• 9. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

You wrote

The last post I saw from perplexed123 ended with

I am planning to do a thourogh cleaning and retry burning a DVD

.So, where did you seeing

Glad that the Project HAS been burned to DVD, so that part is good.

Am I missing a post? Before this post that I am writing which should "9", there was only your latest thread "8" and then perplexed123 thread with the "I am planning....."

ATR

• 10. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

2. After burning the video to the "folder", I was able to burn it to a DVD without any trouble and it plays okay.

From Reply # 6.

Hunt

• 12. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                              perplexed123 Level 1

Let me clarify the "AutoAnalyzer" features your saying to uncheck. Please look at pic below. Are these the items you saying to "uncheck" This is the way I found my setup (10 checks).

IMG_20131001_173418_179.jpg

• 13. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

Thanks for the screenshot. Those are the Auto Analzyer Options that are major grabbers of computer resources. Definitely uncheck all of them. They have caused a lot of problems for a lot of users. Version 8.0/8.0.1 also offered the AutoAnalzyer option in the Capture Window for DV Capture Firewire. Even there, all the commerical video tutorials say work in the Capture Window with it off.

Please let us know if you need supplemental information on this or other aspects of your workflow.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I agree with you.

Both the AutoAnalyzer and the Background Rendering were "features," that seemed to mess more things up, than help.

Back before PrE 8, Pinnacle Studio did a Background Render option - glad that it was an "option," as everyone had issues with it, and just turned it OFF. It was soon removed from the program. I was so surprised when Adobe added that, even though computers had gotten much more robust.

Some things seem like a "good thing," when they are on paper, but when implemented, are found to be, well not so good - unintended consequences (of the very bad kind).

Hunt

• 15. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                    perplexed123 Level 1

Okay, I unchecked all 10 "Auto Analyzer" options seen in the pic above. Then, I attempted to burn my file to DVD and it made it to about 96% of the "encoding media" and I got another BSOD.

Thanks for all the input to date. Any ideas?

I was monitoring "SpeedFan" and none of the temperatures seemed very high. Although, I am not sure I understand the installed configuration.

As a point of information. I have one fan in the front of the case that pushes air across the HD's and another fan in the rear of the case pushing air out the rear. Good air movement from front to rear. I also have two other fans on the CPU and video card.

• 16. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

I want to preface what I am about to write with...I do not work for Adobe and am not affiliated with it in any way. My main interests are in your moving forward with your project, hopefully with the whys all answered. Let it be understood that I am suggesting the following as a troubleshooting tool only at this point.

What do you think about downloading and installing the Premiere Elements 12 free 30 day tryout from Adobe and determining if you can take your project to a successful burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc? Whatever the results, it gives us excellent troubleshooting direction.

You do not have to uninstall Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 when you download and install Premiere Elements 12. Just run one program at a time.

What do you think? Is that a doable suggestion for you that you feel comfortable trying?

By the way, did you inspect the burner for dust or other debris?

Thanks for the update.

ATR

• 17. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

If heat is not an issue, and you have looked at the other components, using the tools in that linked article, and nothing is working, I would then look into low-level system drivers.

Though that article goes into more detail, one would start with Windows Event Viewer, at the time of the BSOD. They would be looking for any warning, or error messages, and especially any with links. Those links should be followed completely, and the user will often find that a low-level system driver is the culprit.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 18. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES

Adding to what Hunt said about low level drivers... did your computer come with a motherboard disc, and did you check to see if Windows needed any motherboard device drivers to be installed?

I built my computer and DID use the motherboard disc to install motherboard drivers after installing Win7

• 19. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

I still think that looking at Premiere Elements 12 tryout in your computer environment at this time would give us valuable information and insights into your issue. Because of that I am restating that for your consideration.

Thanks.

ATR

• 20. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                              perplexed123 Level 1

Thanks for the additional input everyone.

1. I will take a look at the event viewer and see if I can learn anything from that.

2. I am a little unsure of the "SpeedFan" software, since its not labeled in detail. I manually stopped the fans to try and identify which one was which. I could only verify 2 (CPU & rear case) of the five fans inside my PC. (front case, rear case, CPU, Video Card, Power supply) Further, I am not sure how to confirm temperature feedback from the software. There was one item that did show a around 50c with a flame icon, but was seen more when at idle with basically only windows running. During much of the burning process everything was in the 28-40c range.

3. Yes my motherboard came with a disc and it was installed early on when I built this PC. I am using a Biostar A770E3 motherboard.

4. I was thinking about the upgrade to 12. I did receive an upgrade email recently for I think $75. Sounds reasonable, but I am not sure if I will loose the ability to open, edit, and burn saved projects using 8.

Anyway, I will take a look at the event viewer and see if something jumps out. Can the memory dump files be useful? Not knowing how to open and read them please offer any input.....Thanks again.

• 21. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES

I use CPUID HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/1.23-setup.exe to monitor temps

The computer I built is described at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/652694

My i7-930 temp is 39c = 102f at idle my GTX285 is 55c = 131f at idle

When exporting MPEG2-DVD (Premiere Pro equivalent to Premiere Elements making a DVD)

i7-930 62c = 143f and GTX285 87c = 188f

ALSO... my CPU power draw jumps from 45watts to 151watts while working

Cpuid does not show the power draw for my nVidia card, but I am SURE that it goes up when working

What is the size and rating (Bronze or Gold or ???) of your power supply?

You clearly have SOMETHING that is being stressed to the point of causing the computer to stop... the problem is figuring out what

• 22. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                  perplexed123 Level 1

I have a ATX (PSPS-500) 500 watt power supply.

Looking at my Event Log I see a lot of activity. To be honest, I don't know what I should be looking for. I do notice CDROM Event #51 occuring often.  don't know if that is a symptom or cause. I attached a few picks from my Event Log over the last few days when I had BSOD. Any advice would be helpful.....thanks!

IMG_20131004_055844_693.jpgIMG_20131004_055924_754.jpgIMG_20131004_055423_509.jpgIMG_20131004_055957_817.jpg

• 23. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Wow, I understand why you are experiencing computer issues, and BSOD's. I do not recall ever seeing that many problem messages in Event Viewer.

Each of those Warning and Error messages needs to be checked out, like you did with the CD-ROM. Notice that when you opened that one, you have a link at the bottom of your dialog box. That MIGHT lead to an MS Knowledgebase Article (on line), that will give you more information.

The process can be tedious, especially with so many Warning and Error messages, and many of the dialog screens that you will get to, will only have some bit of code, that even an MS engineer might not be able to make heads or tails of. What you want to find, will be dialog screens with links to MS, and then hope that there will be both enough info there to define the problem, and best - offer a fix for it.

Any time that I have even a hiccup with my computers, the first thing that I check out will be the Event Viewer, to see what's going on.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find.

Hunt

• 24. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                      Markpic Level 1

This is why I build Intel and Microsoft PC's.

Your PC seems to be fine.

I would suggest you consider your mention of idle software.

You have stated that stuff just hangs there in the System Folder--for long periods of time.

If there is a problem?

You should try un-installing those software products--until you are ready to use them.

(as a place to research the problem)

My PC's operate perfectly.

I needed to remove the Apple software because it was fouling things up.

I do use Quicktime on one PC.

===

Other than that.

Shut the PC down.

Re-install the video card.

• 25. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                        Markpic Level 1

Another thing.

For your Sapphire product.

Use the Sapphire download--not the AMD download.

Shut Off--the auto update in CCC.

• 26. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                          perplexed123 Level 1

What is update in "CCC"

• 27. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

I suspect that is ATI Catalyst Control Center Drivers Update.

See if that helps until Markpic verifies the abbreviation and elaborates on the details of his suggestion, offering links to the what is being referred to.

ATR

• 28. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                              perplexed123 Level 1

Well, I have not done anything with my ATI Catalyst Control Center Drivers or video card for that matter. I did go through the steps of having Windows check if there were any new video card drivers and it messaged that I was using the latest driver.

At the present time, I know I can burn a DVD as long as I do it in two (2) steps. First burn files to hard drive and then burn saved files to DVD. Unknown reason(s) why I get a BSOD if I attemt to burn directly yto DVD.

Although, I have been getting software crashes as I put this video together and the frequency appears to be increasing. Whenever I am trying to add text to some areas of my saved video and I get this error (see pic).  As soon as I click okay, I get the standard Adobe crash report that I click okay and the Premere Elements software immediatly closes.

Any ideas on what is going on????

IMG_20131009_210959_396 copy.jpg

• 29. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES

>having Windows check if there were any new video card drivers

Do not rely on Windows to be correct when it comes to 3rd party drivers... you need to go direct to the vendor and search for your brand and model

Search http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US for help with a Microsoft runtime error

• 30. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

We really should get the video card driver involvement ruled in or out by going to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card to get that driver update information.

But, if you have already tried the following in your troubleshooting, then consider

a. deactivate the program, uninstall it

b. run ccleaner (regular and registry parts)....I have seen online the use of "cleanmgr" of Windows 7 to clean up a drive in trying to remedy the Runtime error situation....go to start, type in cleanmgr, and proceed from there...but I have not used cleanmgr. My lifesaver is ccleaner.

Have you looked at your Edit Mode monitor display with and without Edit Menu/Preferences/General "Enable GPU Playback"?

I really would have liked to have seen how Premiere Elements 11 or now 12 performed in your current computer environment in spite of recommendations given to you to go in other direction. The information from that would have made me feel more comfortable about pursuing the course of action being suggested to you.

And, double check to make sure that the automatic background and AutoAnalyzer features did not get turned back on accidentially. Also, are you still working from 8.0.1 Update and not just 8?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 31. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                    perplexed123 Level 1

1. I think I have 8.0.1installed, since I installed the update long ago.  Although, when I visit the "About" in the softaware it states 8.0 is installed not 8.0.1. I tried to reinstall the

update and it states I have the update installed and will not allow be to continue the installation. Not sure what to make of that.....

2. The AMD website is a little confusing about latest drivers available.

They list one (1) graphic driver as well as three (3) other optional driver packages. I'm not a gamer so I don't need all the bells and whistles. Just a reliable setup.      http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/?pid=1181&psn=0006&lid=1&os=6

Any thoughts on a driver package? I have a Sapphire HD 5700 1gb PCIe card.

3. You recommend to deactivate the program. Which program?

4. Currently unchecked. I will retry checking or enabling GPU Payback and see what happens.

5. I probably should look at the trying 12. I am just afraid of losing saved work or having to start over if I download the trial version or purchase the upgrade.

6. I will verify all other items prevously unchecked remain that way.

Thanks again for your comments....

Thanks.......

• 32. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

All you want is a video card driver update at this point, not necessarily a video card replacement. What is the date of your current video card driver according to Device Manager?

You say that your current video card is described as Sapphire HD5770. In the link that you posted (post 32), did you navigate to the following page

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/download_index.aspx?psn=0006&lid=1

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/HowtofindthelatestdriversforanATIgraphicsca rd.aspx

When I mentioned program deactivation it was in context with cleaning up your drive because of the runtime error that you encountered. Here you would first open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, go to its Help Menu/Deactivate and hit Deactivate, close Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. Then do the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 uninstall via the usual Control Panel route. Then the cleanup with ccleaner or this cleanmgr that I have never used but have seen recommended specific to a runtime error problem.

Some of these video card manfacturer sites have a "help to detect driver needed feature". I have not yet found that at the web site that you referenced.

More later.

ATR

• 33. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                        perplexed123 Level 1

Well, to gvie everyon an update on my issue(s). After double checking that I had the correct drivers for my video card. I did run CCleaner and virus scan that did not help the problem.

When working with a project Premiere Elements 8.0 was still unstable and would crash or hang up consisistantly when trying to edit an existing project. The BSOD would only occur when burning DVD's and I assumed it would continue to happen.

So, I downloaded the trial version Premere Elements 12, opened the same project, and spent an hour or so editing, adding, and or changing the project and had ZERO TROUBLES. I burned a couple of DVD's and had ZERO PROBLEMS, hang ups, or crashs.

Lastly, I purchased the license upgrade and worked a few more hours with project and did another burn with ZERO PROBLEMS.

I have to say that there must have been something wrong with my 8.0 that was never perfect from day one.

Thanks for all the tips and advice along the way........hoping my troubles remain in the past......

• 34. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                          perplexed123 Level 1

After checking hardware and drivers I installed Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 12 and system is stable and software appears to be working great!

1 person found this helpful
                                                                          • 35. Re: PREMERE ELEMENTS 8 - BLUE SCREEN CRASHES
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

perplexed123

Magnificent news. We are so pleased with your success.

Thank you for your staying with the troubleshooting. Great job.

Continued success.

ATR